Preamble for the event

Daniel
MMC Member

Re: Preamble for the event

Post by Daniel »

Hi all,
I got a response from tourifotos.de. He offers a "day flat" for 30€ (instead of 45€) per car if we order photos for a minimum of 5 cars. Anybody interested?

At racetracker.de there are two photographers and until now it seems we have to order single photos.

Regards,
Daniel
The Moke model car overview: http://www.mokemodels.com
grantourer
MMC Member

Post by grantourer »

Hi Daniel.. Yes I am interested in the deal
Regards, Graham & Judith
1981 Aussie Moke
1989 Portuguese Moke
1979 Clubman Estate
peterbradbury

Post by peterbradbury »

Hi Daniel, I'm interested too!
67 Morris Moke
Daniel
MMC Member

Post by Daniel »

Good morning,
I got another offer last night which is even better.
All pictures from Racetracker (except those already ordered) for 160€ which is a very good price I think.
This would make tourifotos unnecessary.

Daniel
The Moke model car overview: http://www.mokemodels.com
Nigel(no top)Sykes
MMC Member

Post by Nigel(no top)Sykes »

Hi Daniel
We would like to have some pictures from the ring, so happy to do a group order if you’re happy to do the order.
Come on summer
LAWSONSMOKE

Post by LAWSONSMOKE »

Hi Daniel and Nigel. We are interested in any photos of our car and the ones with our car and your mini in. Can you add us to any group order you make and let us know what we owe you. Thankyou Eddie
grantourer
MMC Member

Post by grantourer »

Hi Guys, yes, I would be very interested in this.
Regards, Graham & Judith
1981 Aussie Moke
1989 Portuguese Moke
1979 Clubman Estate
4mokes

Post by 4mokes »

I'm up for any deals that can be done .Be great to have photos of us on the ring . Paul
Jez

Post by Jez »

Me too, and thanks once again for a terrific IMMM 2019

Jez
DBL 785B
Lindandy

Post by Lindandy »

I'm up for it. Let me know. Well done to Nigel and Hilary for a fantastic IMMM 2019!!!.
64moke

Post by 64moke »

and me too any photos of our moke
what great immm well done all who attended and made it so, Nigel & Hilary thanks for all the hard work you put in to
organising this event we thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. R & H
peterbradbury

Post by peterbradbury »

While we don't seem to have made youtube this time round, I did stumble across this from a few years ago...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dxLAgFCqH64

recognise anyone?
67 Morris Moke
Nigel(no top)Sykes
MMC Member

Post by Nigel(no top)Sykes »

First recce run for the IMMM :lol:
Come on summer
dingbat0

Post by dingbat0 »

Well done Nigel and Hillary (and anyone else involved), excellent weekend, thoroughly enjoyed it,
Mick and Yvonne.
GulfMoke

Post by GulfMoke »

Big thank you to Hilary and Nigel for organising a memorable event - we both really enjoyed seeing everyone again.

GulfMoke got sicker and sicker when we left the site on Monday and we had to stop after about 20km and call ADAC recovery. Driver couldn't understand any English and took us to a garage round the corner who didn't want to know, then on to another in Blankenheim where he tipped the Moke off the back and left us. Very helpfull young mechanic found the problem: The needle is crimped into a 'top hat' shaped flange (I'd thought it was one piece) which seats against a retainer which is held into the carburettor piston by a grub screw. I had checked that the retainer was in the correct position and that the grub screw was tight but hadn't noticed that the needle had dropped within the flange (must have pushed it back up while fiddling around on Wednesday which is why we appeared to have fixed it until the problem came back after "the lap") Finally left about 4:30 and ran flat out to reach our B&B near Calais, stopping only to make a couple of mixture and idle speed adjustments at fuel stops. Once adjusted, the car ran fine apart from a horrible, heavy, unprogressive throttle action but no time to stop and investigate.

Came off ferry at Dover and into heavy rain and the car died on the A20 just out of town leaving us squeezed up between the Armco barrier and passing trucks so had to call RAC and stand in the rain for 1/2 hour. I've never suffered from misfires in the wet before, even when splashing through fords, but it seems that German mechanic cleaned all the waterproofing gunge off the HT. Plenty of WD40 and a bag cabletied to the inside of the grille in front of the coil and distributor had us going again, and we also noticed that the throttle cable didn't go round the quadrant on the throttle spindle which sorted the throttle action out.

Sun finally came out as we arrived back in Tewkesbury at about 5:30 on Tuesday afternoon.

Thanks to everyone who helped try to find the problem at the campsite. GulfMoke has now lost it's 'Truck of Shame' virginity after 11 years on the road, although it did eventually drive home under its own power.

PJ & Sue

Return to “IMMM 2019 - May 30th-June 3rd”