This is what you want to know

Nigel(no top)Sykes
MMC Member

This is what you want to know

Post by Nigel(no top)Sykes »

After a few years’ break from this event, by popular demand it is back this year! The event will take place on the Saturday evening 29th September. The plan is to meet at the Squirrel Stonehouse Pizza & Carvery, Bispham Road, Blackpool FY2 0LB at 17.00hrs. We will have a meal before leaving for the promenade. If you plan to attend please let me know by 15th Sept, so I can reserve the tables. You can order your food from the comprehensive menu, or carvery, at the bar on the day.

There is a large car park at the rear, where previously people have made final adjustments to their Mokes Illuminated decorations. In past years we have seen farmyard scenes, ballroom globes, rope lights, Christmas trees, you name it! They were all powered by on board generators or invertors, although today you could use solar powered lights! Decorating your Moke is optional.

Once dusk is upon us we will make our way to the seafront to attempt entry onto the usually jammed solid promenade. The journey along the prom will take about two to three hours, as going is very slow, (make sure your radiator is in good condition). We then usually meet up for a drink at the end of the run before people go their own ways.

It can be a bit wild on the promenade, both weather wise and stag/hen party wise, so the trip is not for the faint hearted!

If people plan to stay over for the weekend please let me know so I can advise the best place to stay, either hotel or campsite.
Come on summer
1967moke

Contact me

Post by 1967moke »

Its is myself Roy Scott that is organising the event, please message me by the 12th September if you are planning to attend, then I can book the tables.
Best regards
Roy and Bev Scott
Halfpint

Re: This is what you want to know

Post by Halfpint »

Hi,
September 30 is International Moke Day, another good reason to have Mokes congregate :D :D :D

Halfpint.
David Hunt
MMC Member

Post by David Hunt »

Great run along Blackpool Prom expertly guided by local knowledge (Roy & Bev) of best route and timing to get to the start at the North end and work South. 1.5 hrs start to finish sampling the many and varied visitors who requested selfies with a Moke. Thanks R&B and good food venues before start and at finish.
Nigel(no top)Sykes
MMC Member

Post by Nigel(no top)Sykes »

AND there was no rain
Come on summer
Pig Pen Love Machine

Post by Pig Pen Love Machine »

Brilliant evening and well worth traveling for.

Another great group of Mokers and Associates on a great run to round of a good year
Well done to Roy and Bev

10-10 til we do it again
LAWSONSMOKE

Post by LAWSONSMOKE »

Thankyou Roy and Bev for organising this event. It was a great evening and everyone had lots of fun driving through the illuminations and warming up at the pub afterwards. Well worth the drive up North. Tony & Eddie

Return to “Illuminations run. 29th September”