POTTERING IN THE PEAKS. JULY 19th, 20th AND 21st

Nigel(no top)Sykes
MMC Member

POTTERING IN THE PEAKS. JULY 19th, 20th AND 21st

Post by Nigel(no top)Sykes »

There are already 17 confirmed Mokes for this event and the campsite has 8 spaces left after which its a full house so get a wiggle on if you want to join us. Note that's 8 spaces left not 8 spaces on reserve for Mokers when they decide to book!

The main base camp will be at Carsington Fields Camping and caravan site between Ashbourne ( 5 miles) and Wirskworth ( 3 miles)
www.carsingtoncaravaning.co.uk
Its within walking distance of Carsington water visitor centre (www.visitcarsington.co.uk ) which has lots to offer on and off the water.

Charges vary from £15 ( 1 adult tent or caravan/motorhome no hook up) to £30 per pitch ( 2 adults + 2 under 17’s hardstanding and hook up.
Dogs are allowed and there is Free WIFI .

For non campers here are three alternative options but there are more

Red Lion Hotel Wirskworth 01629 822 214 £80 b and b for two
Breach Farm Carsington B and B 01629 540265 £85 per night for a two night min booking or £90 one night
The lock up in Wirskworth 01629 826272 £95 per night

For those who make it on the Thursday evening we will have a bit of a run out to a different part of the area on the Friday to be back for meet and greet that evening which will be DIY , Indian , Pizza ,Fish and chips delivered to site or your own BBQ.

On the Saturday the first car will be away at 10.00 ( Potter time NOT Moke time) for a road run with a fun treasure hunt with a twist.
Stunning roads are already planned and will take you over canals and rivers, through a very long tunnel, across a BIG Splash ford and into the very heart of the stunning High Peak on Moke roads some of which will not be for wimps but all will be tarmac- I hope!.
There will be a short run option for those who wish to head back after a group lunch and a longer full days road run for the Moke trampers.

On Sunday morning first cars away at 10.00am for another road run and refreshment and viewing stops.

It will be a Touring Assembly ( leisurely no speed ) and the drives will be fun for all with plenty of time to enjoy the sights , the stunning scenery, the coffee ,lunch stops and the local farmhouse ice-cream. If anyone has a break down we will even have workshop facilities available locally.

Please immediately book your accommodation direct because it’s a busy time and it’s the first weekend of the school holidays. Some of you may wish to extend your stay.
Once booked email me

ianpotter@ipaquotas.co.uk

because I need to know who is coming where they are staying to enable me to sort out catering and road packs. If the site fills up, which it will, don’t come bleating to us.
I will email a list of all those attending nearer the time and to date the Isle of Wight is looking like the farthest travelled.
Come on summer
Pig Pen Love Machine

Re: POTTERING IN THE PEAKS. JULY 19th, 20th AND 21st

Post by Pig Pen Love Machine »

Now we have 18 mokes booked in and confirmed
Pig Pen Love Machine

subject to a restoration going to plan we have 19 mokes booked in
Drake
MMC Member

Post by Drake »

HI - I've just booked in at the campsite as i'd love to attend this, mine is a Cub though. Is that going to be an issue? shove me at the other side of the campsite if you wish :-)
Pig Pen Love Machine

Drake

We are all embracing so Cub, choke, Schmidt , Scamp or classic Mini will be welcome so far as we are concerned.
You can stay on the same side of the camp site as the rest of us so long as you are friendly

see you in July you make 20 cars to date.

PPLM
Pig Pen Love Machine

Re: Saturday evening update POTTERING IN THE PEAKS. JULY 19th, 20th AND 21st

Each person who has confirmed to me they are attending this event will have by now received details of the food choices for Saturday evening including the event entry form

So if you haven't received an email from me today you aren't on my radar and need to get in gear asap because the entry book is set to close with very limited room at the Inn and limited room on the road runs

10-10 til we do it again

PPLM
Tony Freeman

Post by Tony Freeman »

Hi Ian Have booked for weekend hope I'm not too late for menu on Saturday night.
Cheers
Tony Freeman
jocro69

Post by jocro69 »

I will arriving on Friday, leaving on Sunday evening and staying at the Red Lion. Richard C
Mickey C

Post by Mickey C »

Is it too late to ask to join this please? I’ve Just got my Moke back on the road & (touch wood) it’s running well.
I could only do the treasure hunt / drive on the Saturday due to other committees so would hope to arrive early Saturday morning.
If this is possible and you need anything from me, just ask

Nigel(no top)Sykes
MMC Member

Post by Nigel(no top)Sykes »

I think he may well be loading the lurve machine ready to truck on down south to join the long way round convoy so you may not get a reply ‘til after the weekend. I’ll mention it when I (hopefully) see them
Come on summer
Mickey C

Post by Mickey C »

Thanks very much Nigel.
Mickey C

Post by Mickey C »

Massive thank you to Ian for organising this. We had a fabulous day yesterday driving through the some of the most stunning scenery doing the treasure hunt, it was great fun! It was great to meet some of you other Mokers too & you all made my family feel really welcome!
We only did yesterday but hope you all have as much fun today!
If I can remember how, i’ll Post some photos.
Thanks very much again
Mike
Pig Pen Love Machine

Mickey

Really pleased you and the family came along.
It was a very long day for you all but hopefully worth it

Hope to see all four of you at another Moke event soon.
I will email you the answers to the quiz later

Pig 🐷 Pen Love Machine AKA Ian
Wally2
MMC Member

Post by Wally2 »

Hi Ian & Carole,
A great weekend even though I was Moke less! Had a great day on Saturday navigating for Tony and doing the run on Sunday with Steve. The attendees at these events are so helpful and come to the rescue if someone has a problem. It takes a great deal of time and effort to organize these events and both of you did a superb job, much appreciated by all I'm sure.
Chris
WEEMOKE
JUX180D
Jez

Post by Jez »

Dear Mr & Mrs Potter

A short note to say many thanks for a simply splendid weekend, enjoyed immensely by myself, and others I'm sure. Now having just arrived home, many many many miles away, my Moke performed really well towing my mobile home and battling with the trucks on M1 & M5!

Good stuff !

Kind regards

Jez
DBL 785B

Return to “Pottering in the Peaks - July 19th-21st”