Welsh Weekend Friday 4th September - Sunday 6th September 2020

Caernarfon
aubreythomas

Welsh Weekend Friday 4th September - Sunday 6th September 2020

Post by aubreythomas »

Following discussion at the recent weekend in Wales it was agreed that we would return to North Wales for the 2020 event.
With this in mind we have visited a number of sites around Caernarfon and have identified Plas Gwyn Caravan and Camping Park, Llanberis Road, Llanrug Caernarfon Gwynedd LL55 2AQ Tel 01286 672619, www.plasgwyn.co.uk, info@plasgwyn.co.uk as our base.
As well as providing grass and hard standing pitches for caravans and motorhomes, Plas Gwyn are able to accomodate those wishing to bring their own tents. There are 3 Timber Tents available to hire along with some static caravans and B&B is also available on site. Plas Gwyn is happy to take bookings by telephone or via the website and if you mention the moke event when booking they will allocate us pitches in the same area of the site. The site is not a large one so we would recommend booking sooner rather than later.
Details re arrangements for meals will follow nearer the time.
Look forward to welcoming members to Wales.
Aubrey and Helena
Mokeytone

Re: Welsh Weekend Friday 4th September - Sunday 6th September 2020

Post by Mokeytone »

Hi Aubrey, Helena,
Have booked b & b at campsite from Thursday night to Sunday night, all we need is the weather.
T
aubreythomas

Post by aubreythomas »

Great glad you're able to join us. Yes fingers crossed for the weather!!!
Cheers Aubrey
Jez

Post by Jez »

Hi A & H

I'm booked in at the campsite and have booked leave so I don't have to leave early !

Jez
DBL 785B
aubreythomas

Post by aubreythomas »

Great see you there if not before.
Cheers
A&H
johng
MMC Member

Post by johng »

Hi Aubrey
Booked arriving Thursday till Monday. In tent although I did try other accommodation but seems all booked. Thanks for arranging another weekend of extreme heat and glorious sunshine so no-one needs to bring their moke roof . I may just pack 1 umbrella :D
Mokeytone

Post by Mokeytone »

Turn the umbrella upside down and you've got a coracle!!
Tony
aubreythomas

Post by aubreythomas »

Hi all just be way of update. Against the backdrop of the current situation we are keeping the Welsh Weekend under review. The site said last week that they hope to be open again sometime in July but are unable to confirm at this stage. If we are able to go ahead, we will need to abide by whatever social distancing rules exist in Wales at that time so it will certainly be different from our usual get togethers. We'll keep you posted.
Stay safe everyone
Aubrey and Helens
johng
MMC Member

Post by johng »

Hi Aubrey. I'm sure we can enjoy our Welsh Weekend as always. I know we have different laws in individual parts of UK but by September we should we able to camp as this is a natural distancing event. But what do I know ? ...... I'm a Moke driver not a politician !!!
johng
MMC Member

Post by johng »

Hi Aubrey - Please , please Try to keep this event on . If the site is open , I'm more than happy to attend without our usual festivities as we can camp/ set up our accommodations with Social Distancing very easily . Hopefully you can discover a lovely runout for us but we don't need coffee / lunch venues booked as we can cater for our individual requirements. Stops in places with interest or views are good for me !
Perhaps B-B-Q at site if asked for but not required for me as I just need to drive out with all our brilliant MOKES . No Saturday mass Dinner or Sunday Lunch - All together but apart !!!
aubreythomas

Post by aubreythomas »

Thanks John. Fingers crossed. Sites in Wales can open from this weekend but shower and toilet blocks closed until 27/7. We're going to visit site over the next couple of weeks to talk to them and still hope to hold the weekend albeit in slightly different format from normal.
Will post update on here as soon as we can.
Regards
Aubrey
johng
MMC Member

Post by johng »

Hi Aubrey. We all understand the difficulties of arranging any event this year but it will be BRILL if you can make a mass Moke Meet !!!
Maybe Runout with visits to attractions and Welsh viewpoints . Don't worry about lunch or evening fuelling stops - As long as we can have a collection of Mokes ..... it will make my year - and perhaps others .
aubreythomas

Post by aubreythomas »

Hi all just by way of update for the Welsh weekend. Caravan sites opened last weekend but sites not allowed to open shower/toilet blocks until 27th July so all being well we should be ok for 1st weekend in September. We'll visit the site next week to check that they're still able to accomodate us. Arrangements for drive outs, coffee and meal stops are still works in progress and weekend will probably have a different feel from normal but as things stand at the moment we're hopeful that as many mokers as possible can meet up in North Wales as planned. Given these uncertain times can folks book directly with the site, let us know and provide us with a mobile phone number so that we can contact you as necessary.
Fingers crossed
Aubrey
Jez

Post by Jez »

Hi Aubrey,

Thanks for the update, I have booked in, and i'll double check with the site tomorrow.

Kind regards

Jez
DBL 785B

Mob: 07770703733
aubreythomas

Post by aubreythomas »

Thanks Jez

Return to “Welsh Weekend - September 4th/6th”