Initial details

David Hunt
MMC Member

Initial details

Post by David Hunt »

Put either the 3rd Sunday or 9th Saturday of May on your Moking calendar 'cos we are going to do it again in 2020.

Early plan was to do it on the Sunday the 3rd, Bank Holiday, but recently discovered that early May Bank Holiday will now be 8/9/10th of May to coincide with 75th anniversary of VE Day.

I am consulting past participants to gauge a consensus of preferred date. I'll firm up the date in due course.

Very early planning stages but it will once again take in the scenic delights of North Lancs/Cumbria. Last year's start venue was conveniently placed at Junction 36 of M6 at Crooklands Auction Mart so likely use that again. Plenty of campsites in the area, Caravan & Motorhome at Sedgwick and three others near Newby Bridge and Aubrey recommends the Crooklands Hotel, which is conveniently close.

Interested then please let me know so I can judge level of interest, which might help influence rest/lunch/supper halts.

07947 611478 or

mokemembership(@)gmail.com
remove the brackets!

Watch this space for further updates.
Nigel(no top)Sykes
MMC Member

Re: Initial details

Post by Nigel(no top)Sykes »

My vote goes for the bank holiday weekend..........it’s bound to be sunnier :lol:
Come on summer
David Hunt
MMC Member

Re: 3rd May Moke Drive Nth Lancs/Cumbria

Post by David Hunt »

The results are in from the poll of interested participants and the majority have indicated the 3rd May.

So if your up for it please put the date in your Moking calendar and I'll start planning in the New Year.
Nigel(no top)Sykes
MMC Member

Post by Nigel(no top)Sykes »

And they say the elections fixed :evil:
Come on summer
David Hunt
MMC Member

Post by David Hunt »

As to whether the Cumbria Canter will take place is under constant revue as we are all to well aware of the UK Gov's advise regarding unnecessary travel and social contact during the Covid-19 outbreak.

That said, the planning is complete and briefly, in case we can run it, Moke HQ will be at Park Cliffe Camping LA23 3PG, half way between Newby Bridge and Windermere.

The Sunday run will start at North West Auction Mart, just off Junction 36 on M6, at 09.30hrs and finishing at Banny's Fish and Chip Emporium, Colne BB8 9NW. Coffee/Tea/comfort breaks and lunch stop are included in the itinerary. Approx 100 miles in the usual stonking scenery and country lanes of Lancs/Cumbria/North Yorks.

For those that want to make a weekend of it there will also be a run to Wastwater on the Saturday starting at the Lakeland Motor Museum and finishing in the Bar/Restaurant of Park Cliffe for supper.

If we can't do it this year then we'll just have to have another go at doing it in 2021.

Further updates will follow but if you want to express an interest in attending then please contact me on 07947 611478
or email mokemembership"at"gmail.com
David Hunt
MMC Member

Post by David Hunt »

CANCELLED

In light of recent developments in the COVID-19 crisis, and following the address to the nation by the Prime Minister on the evening of 23rd March I advise that the Canter weekend is cancelled, probably until 2021, unless an opportunity presents itself later in the year.

Keep Safe Everyone

Return to “May Moke Drive, NW Lancs/Cumbria - May 3rd”