Welsh Weekend Friday 3rd - Sunday 5th September

aubreythomas

Re: Welsh Weekend Friday 3rd - Sunday 5th September

Post by aubreythomas »

dingbat0 wrote: Sun Aug 15, 2021 17:46 Hi Aubrey, could I order another sausage and chips please, thanks, Mick.
No problem. We'll add it to the list.
See you in a few weeks.
A&H
64moke

Post by 64moke »

Hi Aubrey
can we have 2 fish & chips R&H.
aubreythomas

Post by aubreythomas »

Thanks added to list.
Looking forward to seeing you both.
A&H
Jez

Post by Jez »

Dear A&H,

Thanks for a great weekend and to those who contributed towards some enjoyable runs out. The fish & chips were also very tasty as well as very welcome!

12.5 hours to get back yesterday due to M6 delays, 27 degrees, and Mokes not liking the hot weather, although we all returned under our own steam and the 'truck of shame was once again avoided, principally due to the knowledge and support of Malcolm whose own Moke even made a bit of a protest!

Jez
DBL 785B
johng
MMC Member

Post by johng »

Thanks so much Aubrey & Helena for best weekend ever. You really did organise the weather !
Cooked the engine on way home on M6 about 1 hour 56 minutes from our house. My initial call to Recovery was at 15.10 and we arrived home at 00.05
Looking forward to next year ( I might have moke back on road by then - LOL )
aubreythomas

Post by aubreythomas »

Helena and I just wanted to say a big thank you to all of those who attended the recent Welsh weekend and to those who have taken the time to let us know how much they enjoyed it. Thanks too to Iestyn and Ray for drawing up the route for Sunday and to Dave Hunt and Richard Crowe for leading on some of the runs.
We've created a WhatsApp group and shared the drone, videos and photographs sent to us after Sunday's ride out. If anyone's not able to access them let us know and we'll try to get them to you.
There was some talk over the weekend about location of next year's event. From responses received the north narrowly held it so we're meeting at Plas Gwyn again in 2022 but please note date change to weekend of 9th to 11th September. Intention is to move event to mid Wales in 2023.
Thanks again for supporting the Welsh Weekend.
Aubrey and Helena
ps Roy and Bev take the prize for being first to order fish, chips and mushy peas for 2022
johng
MMC Member

Post by johng »

My End of Welsh Weekend :-

My engine really cooked on M6 Smart Motorway and I was lucky to reach an emergency refuge but it's frightening so close to high speed Artics. We waited 30 minutes for engine to cool down a bit , poured in water and it came straight out the bottom. "Truck of Shame " took 9 hours to complete 2 hour journey.

Next day I tried refilling water and it poured out all around where water pump joints engine block. Once removed , I could see the pump was warped . Today I fitted a new pump and Yippee the engine fired first time on all 4 cylinders and no water in oil or no oil in water . I must be so lucky. I need to change the oil and plugs.
jocro69

Post by jocro69 »

For those interested, pictures and video of the 2021 Welsh Weekend have been posted on the main website:

https://www.mokeclub.org/photo-gallery/ ... kend-2021/

https://www.mokeclub.org/videos/

Return to “Welsh Weekend - September 3rd/5th”