Members that do not post

Posts specific about mokeclub.org, its features and its use.
Doug G
MMC Member

Re: Members that do not post

Post by Doug G »

Doug G wrote:Just has a little look and found that of 197 ''registered' members on this forum 64 have never ever posted.

Thats about a 1/3.

Is there anything that we can do to encourage them to post and make the forum even more lively?

Dean were you going to weed out the non-actives at some time?
Of the 660+ forum 'members', 302 have made none) no posts ever.

Over 520 have made 5 or less posts .

Over 640 have made less than 85 posts

Only 17 have made between 100 and 1000 posts

With only 4 making over 1000 posts.

This is in the eight years of the forums existence.

We ALL need to put our heads together, with thinking caps on, to see how we can encourage people to actually post on the forum and more importantly to do so regularly.

Without posts our forum will wither and die.

So folks, lets all encourage each other to post, whether it be in the fun 'Side Scream' section or in the technical aspect sections.
Having a moking good time!
Doug G
MMC Member

Post by Doug G »

OK,so it is winter in the Northern climes.

Hopefully this mean that you chaps will have more time available to post and exchange experiences and ideas on the forum, while huddled over the fire.
This excludes those have hardtops and heaters and also those die hards that go moking regardless. Mind you I am looking forward to reading posts on their experiences.

Naturally the chaps in the Southern climes will be out moking more. :wink:
Doug G
MMC Member

Post by Doug G »

I thnk I should give posting a rest for a while.

I have tried to keep it lively in responding where I can to as many posts as I can.

Hopefully people are not intimidated by my name after each post and are reluctant to post as a result.

So I will give posting a little rest and allow others to post.. :)
Daniel
MMC Member

Post by Daniel »

Hi Doug,

you´re right. There are many members with no or few posts. But stopping or reducing your own activity would not be a good way to change this situation. I don´t know the real reasons why the activity is so low.
So what can we change to make the forum more attractive? Why not starting to collect some proposals in this thread? Let me start:

1. Most forums I know offer a sales/wanted area directly in the forum. I really miss this here because it is much more interactive as the "Classifieds" where you can get to from the clubs site.

2. ....

Hope to see some more proposals soon.

Daniel
The Moke model car overview: http://www.mokemodels.com
Wally2
MMC Member

Post by Wally2 »

Hi Doug, I agree with Daniel, keep the posts coming, they encourage me to get on and add some words.
Although it is pretty misserable weather wise at the moment, I do try and get out in the Moke if its dry and sunny. People seem to think that the weather is terrible at the moment, which it is for the most part it is! but this week alone Monday, Friday and today have had quite long sunny periods (but pretty cool) which have been good enough to venture out. Mind you I am retired and you can do these sorts of things when you dont have to go to work!
Cheers
Chris
Chris
WEEMOKE
JUX180D
Dean
MMC Member

Post by Dean »

Daniel wrote:
1. Most forums I know offer a sales/wanted area directly in the forum. I really miss this here because it is much more interactive as the "Classifieds" where you can get to from the clubs site.

Daniel
I did actually trial a classifieds mod on the forum a while ago. I can't remember why I didn't go ahead with it but I'll take another look.
Dean
Daniel
MMC Member

Post by Daniel »

Dean wrote:
I did actually trial a classifieds mod on the forum a while ago. I can't remember why I didn't go ahead with it but I'll take another look.
Dean
Thanks Dean for your effort. I´m looking forward to it.

Daniel
The Moke model car overview: http://www.mokemodels.com
Weske
MMC Member

Post by Weske »

i voted also for a wanted topic 8)
Robin Jones

Post by Robin Jones »

+2 on both a for sale and wanted section in the forum.
Human nature, what it is, tends to go to the "social area" to get an idea of what Mokes and Mokers are all about. By the time they might decide if they might want to purchase one, they may forget that there was a classified section on the main club site.
Is it even there anymore? Can't remember the last time I was on that page.
This is Matt Jones Son of Robin.
Doug G
MMC Member

Post by Doug G »

Robin Jones wrote:+2 on both a for sale and wanted section in the forum.
Human nature, what it is, tends to go to the "social area" to get an idea of what Mokes and Mokers are all about. By the time they might decide if they might want to purchase one, they may forget that there was a classified section on the main club site.
Is it even there anymore? Can't remember the last time I was on that page.
I think it was about two months ago in my case. :(
Wally2
MMC Member

Post by Wally2 »

Hi,
I dont have any problem with the 'classifieds' section on the Moke Clud Site but I do with the 'Regalia' section.
Do I take it that
'We are currently working on a brand new line of club regalia for 2012.Watch this space for news!'
Should now read
'We are currently working on a brand new line of club regalia for 2013.Watch this space for news!'
????????????????
Chris
Chris
WEEMOKE
JUX180D
Dean
MMC Member

Post by Dean »

Wally2 wrote:Hi,
I dont have any problem with the 'classifieds' section on the Moke Clud Site but I do with the 'Regalia' section.
Do I take it that
'We are currently working on a brand new line of club regalia for 2012.Watch this space for news!'
Should now read
'We are currently working on a brand new line of club regalia for 2013.Watch this space for news!'
????????????????
Chris
Problem fixed! :D
Actually, there are some new regalia items (new for 2012) floating around and as soon as I get details, they will be in the club shop.
Dean
Wally2
MMC Member

Post by Wally2 »

ohhhhhh,
There I was hurrying to the 'regalia' section, eager to see whats there and ------ its gone!

Thats cheating!!

Look forward to seeing items on the club shop - better hurry - christmas is nearly here!

Chris
Chris
WEEMOKE
JUX180D
janz
MMC Member

Post by janz »

Oh well, as regalia manager, I guess I should really stick my head above the parapet. There is some regalia available - 'some' meaning a quantity of the same thing in varying sizes. These being Dark Green polo shirts with the current Moke logo - Car silhouette, not Moke 50. Towards the end of next week I will have some pictures ready and size/quality list for the site. The price will be £12 each. I will confirm postage at the same time as the pictures come..

In the mean time, if anyone would like to order some, you can always post or PM me. I am currently travelling abroad (Djibouti of all places) and tend to do that quite a lot, so apologies for any delays.

Rather than hijack this post, there will be a separate topic in which I will provide more details of regalia plans.
Get a life, Get a Moke...
JanZ

Return to “Site Discuss”