Sentbox and Outbox

Posts specific about mokeclub.org, its features and its use.
Dean
MMC Member

Sentbox and Outbox

Post by Dean »

For those of you who use the forums Private Messaging system, here's something you may not of been aware of:

When you send a PM (Private Message), the message is sent to your Outbox.
It remains here until the recipient reads the PM. If you delete the message from the Outbox, the recipient WON'T get the message (although they will still get the notification e-mail telling them they have a message in their inbox. When they login, there won't be a message as you have deleted it).

When the recipient reads the PM, the message is moved from your Outbox to your Sentbox

Dean.
PS: I have two messages in my outbox to Ziggy and Chad Ronson sent last year that have obviously never been read.

PPS: And before Doug asks...the Savebox is where you place messages you want to save.
Doug G
MMC Member

Post by Doug G »

I tend not to delete anything until it approaches full. Then I delete virtually everything . . by that time everything has been read by others. 8)
Having a moking good time!
Nigel(no top)Sykes
MMC Member

Post by Nigel(no top)Sykes »

delete ??? I'll have to give that a go :idea:
Doug G
MMC Member

Post by Doug G »

Nigel(no top)Sykes wrote:delete ??? I'll have to give that a go :idea:
A word of warning, read the post/message before you delete i, as ounce you delete it you will find that it will no doubt contained some info you wanted to retain. :wink:
Having a moking good time!
PJ

Re: Sentbox and Outbox

Post by PJ »

I tried to send a PM yesterday to 'teardrop': the last I saw of it, it was sat in my Outbox - now it's disappeared altogether and not shown up in my Sentbox. What am I doing wrong? (Had a similar problem a few weeks ago with another message. I used to manage PMs o.k a long time ago but I think the site has had a few updates since then).

Paul: I take it that you haven't seen my PM about the LED tail lights - let me know if you have.

PJ
You don't give up Moking when you get old ...... you get old when you give up Moking!
Dean
MMC Member

Post by Dean »

Odd, I can't re-create the problem. It seems to be working as it should when I send PM's.
Send me a PM PJ and see if it happens to you again.
Dean
PJ

Post by PJ »

Hi Dean,

I've just submitted a PM to you, and it is at the moment showing in my Outbox as a message to 'Dean'

PJ
You don't give up Moking when you get old ...... you get old when you give up Moking!
Dean
MMC Member

Post by Dean »

PJ wrote:Hi Dean,

I've just submitted a PM to you, and it is at the moment showing in my Outbox as a message to 'Dean'

PJ
Got it. It should now be in your "Sentbox"
Dean

Return to “Site Discuss”