Only six

Posts specific about mokeclub.org, its features and its use.
Doug G
MMC Member

Re: Only six

Post by Doug G »

Doug G wrote:This is a relatively young/small forum with only 6 having above 500 posts.

What can be done to encourage posters?
UPDATE it is only 5 now.
Having a moking good time!
clm

Post by clm »

*scrawls a couple 0's on the screen after the post count*

Chris
1965 Austin Moke - Rust was not free, I paid dearly for it
1961 Morris Traveller - Bent but repairable
1960 Morris saloon.. err wagon.. err Pickup, yeah that's it! - My first car
1980 Mini 95 Van shell - pickup load floor donor
Nigel(no top)Sykes
MMC Member

Post by Nigel(no top)Sykes »

:D
Come on summer
PJ

Post by PJ »

Last edited by PJ on Mon Mar 07, 2016 18:55, edited 1 time in total.
You don't give up Moking when you get old ...... you get old when you give up Moking!
Doug G
MMC Member

Post by Doug G »

Not sure why I answering this, since PJ advises that he will be ignoring the rest of the forum. :?
PJ wrote:Doug: By post counters I mean the total of posts against the users names. I think your statistical analysis shows an obsession with the quantity of posts made, and a complete disregard for the quality of their content - how many of your posts have just been a smiley? PJ
Not many. When made, it shows my acknowledgement of another's post(s).

Of the 3,500+ post I have made, the most active forum is Side Scream (1239 Posts / 34.82% of posts) which is - as far as I am aware - the fun section. 8)
Have a look at how many posts I made asking questions on mokes/parts/repairs/improvements/requesting info/advice etc. :D
Many of my posts (in whichever section) have been a response to posts have made. I think that is what a forum is about.

PJ wrote:This thread started out with a simple question: 'What can be done to encourage posters?'
This was either a question to which you wanted an answer or a way of starting another thread so that you can increase your preciouis post count still further.
PJ

It is a genuine concern for the future of the forum.

PJ wrote: As far as I can see, my post yesterday is the only one so far on this thread that has made any serious suggestion of an answer to the original question - I rest my case.
PJ
Which fully supports my case about the lack of posts on the forum.

PJ wrote:I shall now go back to checking the Events section occasionally and ignoring the rest of the Forum.
The absense of recent posts from several long term, active and committed Mokers suggest that I will not be alone in this, as do Doug's own statistics.
PJ

If long term, active and committed Mokers (only 25 have 100 or more posts :shock: ) ignore the forum, and decline to make posts, but rather just check the Events section occasionally, then this site will become a 'Notice Board' for the club.

Is that what is wanted? :roll:

I'd like to see an active forum with lots of posts. 8)

Speak up (everyone including 'lurkers' :D ) lets hear your views. :)
Doug G
MMC Member

Post by Doug G »

Doug G wrote: Speak up (everyone including 'lurkers' :D ) lets hear your views. :)

:D
janz
MMC Member

Post by janz »

Oooooooowaaaargghhhhhhhh???!!!!
did somebody say something? Thought you said lurchers - sorry :shock:

I would have thought that after all my refraining from posting someone would at least have overtaken me in the post race..... still 5th :roll:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VQ1xHmQgXDM
Get a life, Get a Moke...
JanZ
clm

Post by clm »

I am in no hurry for post numbers.. I listen to my mama and speak when I have something to say... well at times other then this post :)

Chris
1965 Austin Moke - Rust was not free, I paid dearly for it
1961 Morris Traveller - Bent but repairable
1960 Morris saloon.. err wagon.. err Pickup, yeah that's it! - My first car
1980 Mini 95 Van shell - pickup load floor donor
Doug G
MMC Member

Post by Doug G »

clm wrote:I am in no hurry for post numbers.. I listen to my mama and speak when I have something to say... well at times other then this post :)

Chris

It is not about post numbers, I think it as about basic activity on the forum, i.e. more posts from everyone.
Otherwise the post fall and the interest to come to the site to look drops, then the entire site fades away to nothing due to lack of input.
Robin Jones

Post by Robin Jones »

Me?
I don't believe anything on the forum is broken.
If someone comes on here with a mechanical/historical/practical question, they'll have answers after a short period of time. Most of the time it'll even be a correct answer. But, like anywhere else on this interweb thingy, you really need to filter any information given.
If someone comes on here wanting some social banter, they seem to be welcomed.
So in the end like I said, I don't believe it's broken. Post counts really mean nothing.
This is Matt Jones Son of Robin.

Return to “Site Discuss”