Fuddy duddy or fun?

Posts specific about mokeclub.org, its features and its use.
Doug G
MMC Member

Fuddy duddy or fun?

Post by Doug G »

It should be appreciated that lighthearted posts contribute 'nothing of value' to the forum other than repartee between other forumites whom would have no other opportunity to sit and have a 'chat, laughter and fun' like say in a pub.

I think this 'club like' exchange is important to unite Mokers where ever they are.

If this is not acceptable, this from is likely to degenerate into a 'ghost town'.

The Side scream section appears to be there to encourage and contain just that. Frivolity fun and lighthearted entertainment between members, with anything goes as long as it is not rude, libelous etc.

It may be possible/appropriate to introduce an access bar which prevents 'the general public' from accessing unless the become forum members or even say club members. I have seen this in other forums.

Ultimately it has to be decided where the forum is to be sited, in a dry fuddy duddy snooty atmosphere or in fun lively easygoing surroundings.

Given that Mini Mokes are not really a very serious vehicle - I bought mine because it is a fun vehicle and to have fun in it - and joined the forum and then the Club to continue that fun and enjoyment with others that bought Mini Mokes.

I would suggest that few, very few, bought Mini Mokes because they thought them to be serious heritage vehicles and part of the blazer and grey flannel trousers brigade. I say this subject to correction.

It is unfortunate that that 'silent majority', lurk but do not post.
They contribute nothing to the forum - unless it hosts advertising.

I log on most days, but rarely see many members logged on, I see one or two 'bots' and sometimes around 10 guests.

If those guests look and decide that this is a dry fuddy duddy snooty ghost town atmosphere, they will not come back. If it is seen to be a lively place then they are more likely to join in the fun.

Please remember that at all times we should try and endeavour to promote the forum and fun.
Having a moking good time!
Doug G
MMC Member

Re: Fuddy duddy or fun?

Post by Doug G »

Come on join in and lets all have fun while we enjoy a common interest - Mini Mokes. :D
Nigel(no top)Sykes
MMC Member

Post by Nigel(no top)Sykes »

Don't be too hard on those that do not post Doug. I look in on a certain forum from time to time but have only posted on it three times, this is because I've found what I was looking for by "lurking" as you call it , therefore a post is pointless really

I keep going back though !!!
Come on summer
Doug G
MMC Member

Post by Doug G »

Nigel(no top)Sykes wrote:Don't be too hard on those that do not post Doug. I look in on a certain forum from time to time but have only posted on it three times, this is because I've found what I was looking for by "lurking" as you call it , therefore a post is pointless really

I keep going back though !!!

I am not being 'hard' on them, just pointing out that they outnumber the posters. :D
If the posters don't post there will be nothing for the 'lurkers'/visitors to read.
Nigel(no top)Sykes
MMC Member

Post by Nigel(no top)Sykes »

Except the idle banter of the regulars :lol:
Come on summer
Doug G
MMC Member

Post by Doug G »

Nigel(no top)Sykes wrote:Except the idle banter of the regulars :lol:
Or the informative posts in the 'Events' section.

Return to “Site Discuss”