Site hacked???

Posts specific about mokeclub.org, its features and its use.
Daniel
MMC Member

Site hacked???

Post by Daniel »

Hi,

was there a attack to this site this morning? When I have vistited the site around 11.30am (UTC+2) there were several messages "Hacked by ..." on the board index site (sorry I don´t remember the name which was stated).
Has anybody else seen these messages?

Daniel
The Moke model car overview: http://www.mokemodels.com
Dean
MMC Member

Re: Site hacked???

Post by Dean »

The site has been under attack by a Turkish hacker for a few days now for what he states is a "Political Cause".
A forum about funny cars seems an odd place to make a protest but that's the Internet for you.
Dean
Daniel
MMC Member

Post by Daniel »

Dean,
thanks for the information. I was just wondering if I have any problems.
This is really an odd place to make political protest. :(

Daniel
The Moke model car overview: http://www.mokemodels.com
Doug G
MMC Member

Post by Doug G »

Seems like there was a bit of difficulty earlier to day.
Having a moking good time!
Robin Jones

Post by Robin Jones »

I look at it like the cyber-equivalent of keying your car's paint.
It'll cost time 'n money to make it right. And, they don't even know who the hell you are.... apparently they just do it to be mean-spirited... What a sad, sad life they must lead.
This is Matt Jones Son of Robin.
59Prototype

Post by 59Prototype »

Yes, I spotted the hacking problem a few days ago too. As a result it looks as though the forum has gone private and the topics can only be read by registered forum members. If that's what's happened, in a strange way I'm pleased that the site was hacked and this has become the outcome. I've always felt a bit uncomfortable that every Tom, Dick or Harry with an internet connection can look at what has been posted. Now they can't! In future if people really want to take part in discussions on Mokes then they will have to formally join the forum. It has been a bit like sending off a personal letter to your doctor and at the same time sticking a copy on a lamp post. Now the copy will only go to the doctor!

Can I make a suggestion? I assume that the forum was always open to everyone in an effort to encourage membership of the club itself. If that's true could Mr Webmaster not grab two or three pages of interesting dialogue from the forum as 'tasters' as to what the forum is about and then paste them as pdfs on the club's main website? If they like what they see they can then join the forum or better still the club itself.

Graham
Nigel(no top)Sykes
MMC Member

Post by Nigel(no top)Sykes »

That's a can of worms if ever I saw one :D What constitutes "interesting" ? :D
Come on summer
Doug G
MMC Member

Post by Doug G »

Nigel(no top)Sykes wrote:That's a can of worms if ever I saw one :D What constitutes "interesting" ? :D
Your and my posts? :D
Doug G
MMC Member

Post by Doug G »

Hmm, the Smilies are not working as they should at the moment. :(
59Prototype

Post by 59Prototype »

Oh, sad to say I was able to view the forum this morning as Tom, Dick and Harry so after all nothing has changed. As a result I'll be wary of what I write especially where prototypes are concerned. I'm happy to post thoughts and information for fellow forum members to read but not the world in general. Sorry. The internet at times is a dangerous place as has been proven here recently.

Graham
Tim

Post by Tim »

Hi Graham, what are your concerns about publicly sharing information about prototype Mokes?

My personal thoughts are that if the information is made public it has less chance of being lost or forgotten again in the future. I'm thinking in particular of the excellent work that people like Bill Bell and Trevor Ripley are doing to track down and record the information about the pre-production and 1959 Minis.

Tim
Any sarcastic, ignorant, libellous, unfounded or stupid opinions expressed in or through this message are the opinions of the author and do not reflect the opinions or views of any member of The Mini Moke Club or the opinions or views of any other individual.
Dean
MMC Member

Post by Dean »

OK, the forum is back again after lots of time-consuming investigation and fixing. I hope this has sorted things but can't guarantee it.
The forum URL has changed temporarily and you will be prompted to change your password when you next login (If you're not prompted, please let me know).
I have not yet started on the gallery or classifieds yet. Let's see how it goes with the forum first.
Dean
Weske
MMC Member

Post by Weske »

ok thanks Dean !
It is a lot of work and we are happy that we have you ! Great job.
Wally2
MMC Member

Post by Wally2 »

I'II second that, its great to be back!
Chris
Chris
WEEMOKE
JUX180D
Doug G
MMC Member

Post by Doug G »

Welcome back everyone.

Thanks for all the hours and work you put in Dean to get the forum up and running again.

Return to “Site Discuss”