Software Update

Posts specific about mokeclub.org, its features and its use.
64moke

Re: Software Update

Post by 64moke »

Hi Dean
no messages and it doesn't prompt for login, anything else i click on works ok, got an apple mac pro when i click on it goes through the motions but doesn't open the gallery or the FAQ. Everything else works ok. Tried logging out and in again and still no joy. Robin........
Dean
MMC Member

Post by Dean »

Does it just reload the index page when clicking on it?
Something I have just noticed is if your mouse pointer is not exactly on the text, it will use the index link and not the gallery/FAQ links.
When placing your mouse pointer on those links, move it around until the text goes red. That should then work. I'll have to see if I can make the hyperlink a bit bigger.
Let me know how you get on.
Cheers,
Dean
64moke

Post by 64moke »

Hi Dean
yes your right all the links i put the mouse to go red straight away apart from FAQ and gallery like you say i have to move mouse around to make them go red. thanks for all your help Dean. Robin......... :wink:
59Prototype

Post by 59Prototype »

I've already mentioned this to Dean in a PM but I like the look of the updated forum. It's refreshing and the combination of light grey, black and red work really well together. To be honest I was never a great fan of the old green/black colour scheme.

If any of you reading this know enough about the phpBB software this forum uses you will know that it is now running on the very latest version which is referred to as 3.2. It's been around for about 3 months but Dean has been smart in waiting to see how it has been received by others in the phpBB community. You'll now realise that it has had a good reception so that's why this forum is now running on it. Contrast that with some other forum software (that shall remain nameless!) and widely used on other forums that was updated to a new version a few years ago. Webmasters quickly moved over to it only to discover that it was full of bugs and problems! Always wise to wait a mo.

Nicely played Dean. Keep up the good work!

Graham
Doug G
MMC Member

Post by Doug G »

I appreciate all the work that has gone into giving the forum a makeover and facelift.

Well done to all involved, it looks like it involved a lot of work.

However, I personally, am not overly keen on new layout, as it seems rather spartan and not particularly as inviting. :(

I guess it will grow on me. 8)
Having a moking good time!

Return to “Site Discuss”