Change on v5

Questions (and answers) about Mokes that are not covered elsewhere.
Shaun78

Change on v5

Post by Shaun78 »

Hi all,when my moke is painted it will be going back to original colour of brooklands green so will send in the v5 and change colour from red which is no problem,the problem I have found is on the v5 there is a mistake on vin number there is an 8 that should be a b,will dvla change this or will they want photo as evidence.the moke was imported in 1982 so the mistake must have been made when first registered.
werewolf

Re: Change on v5

Post by werewolf »

Here in NC. we just have to have DMV lic and theft come out and reinspect and look at the vin numbers.and get Lic and theft 270 and then fill out MV5 and pay $21.50.. does DVLA have this service ?? later bc
Shaun78

Post by Shaun78 »

Can't really get a straight answer from dvla one person says just fill in the v5 with correct vin number another says it might have to be inspected,but if it's been like it since 1982 leave it.i spoke to a person today who used to import a lot of cars he said it was common for mistakes on vin numbers back in the 80's and 90's when first registered and very rarely got corrected.
Shaun78

Post by Shaun78 »

Hi,just an update it's been a while but,kept thinking about the wrong vin and no one being helpful at dvla,so I thought let's do it,so I wrote a letter explaining that the v5 had been wrong since 1983 when the car was imported and stated what the vin should be,I sent with it pictures of the car and importantly a shot of the vin on the radiator shroud,also sent pictures from moke books showing other moke vins to show how moke vins are,showing 8 and b got mixed up on my v5,so after 9 weeks of hearing nothing my v5 came back they accepted my evidence and no inspection needed.
Tim

Post by Tim »

Hooray, a victory for commonsense.

Tim
Any sarcastic, ignorant, libellous, unfounded or stupid opinions expressed in or through this message are the opinions of the author and do not reflect the opinions or views of any member of The Mini Moke Club or the opinions or views of any other individual.

Return to “Moke Talk”