Wading

Questions (and answers) about Mokes that are not covered elsewhere.
Doug G
MMC Member

Wading

Post by Doug G »

Given the recent weather in St.Neots :wink: what is the safe maximum depth for mokes to safely ford* :?: before the engine would stall?

*To avoid being shot at dawn (By Chad firing squad it is not a noun "Ford" as I use the word 'ford' as a verb
ford n
a shallow part of a river or stream where people, animals, or vehicles can cross it

vt
to walk, ride, or drive across a river or stream at a place where the water is shallow

Encarta® World English Dictionary © 1999 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved. Developed for Microsoft by Bloomsbury Publishing Plc.
Last edited by Doug G on Fri Jan 12, 2007 12:15, edited 1 time in total.
Having a moking good time!
Nigel(no top)Sykes
MMC Member

Post by Nigel(no top)Sykes »

In Bobs Moke about 6" is all he can manage...............Speaking from the experience of some one who's pulled him out of two rivers !!!!!
gizmoke

Post by gizmoke »

Ha ha :D
green_moke

Post by green_moke »

ask the webmaster about Bovington tank range and getting stuck LOL
Nigel(no top)Sykes
MMC Member

the time I visited there with the club they wouldn't even let us on the tank track............. And Dean wasn't in his Moke then (I think)
carrie

Post by carrie »

Nigel, Dean had his moke at the first Easter Eggstravagaza. They wouldn't let us on the track because their was an event on over the weekend, and unfortunatly it was not us that time. Maybe sometime in the future though.
carrie

Post by carrie »

oh yes and there was ice in Dean and Karen's tent
Nigel(no top)Sykes
MMC Member

In retrospect - perhaps that was what prompted the move South ?
green_moke

Post by green_moke »

am going back to about 1993!!

an 850won the speed test, shows its about the driver! everyone had fun, for those of you who have seen the yellow californian going through the HUGE puddle, that was where it was at!
carrie

Post by carrie »

I remember seeing the write up in one of the old mags. Looked like quite a fun event.
Dean
MMC Member

Post by Dean »

green_moke wrote:am going back to about 1993!!

an 850won the speed test, shows its about the driver! everyone had fun, for those of you who have seen the yellow californian going through the HUGE puddle, that was where it was at!
It was indeed 1993 at the Moke Club National in Weymouth.
As well as the photo at the top of this page, there are more photos in the club album of this event (further submissions welcome!). Basically, I took on a small puddle that turned out to be The Sepentine!
This was actually my second visit to Bovington. The club had been there twice (I think) before 93. I used my blue Californian on the first event with Peter Jones, Roger Richards and Mike Newitt in their Mokes and John Kirby in his Marlin trials car. I have lots of video of this event somewhere.
Dean
PS: No ice here!
gizmoke

Post by gizmoke »

carrieandphilc wrote:oh yes and there was ice in Dean and Karen's tent
Was that the 'The Tin Foil Tip' :!:
carrie

Post by carrie »

gizmoke wrote:
carrieandphilc wrote:oh yes and there was ice in Dean and Karen's tent
Was that the 'The Tin Foil Tip' :!:
Yep the tin foil trip. the predecessor of the Return to Hypothermia event
jaycat

Post by jaycat »

Actually It was ice "ON" top on Dean and Karen's tent, not "in", dont want folk to get the wrong idea. :wink: :oops:
Everyone thought they were crazy i seem to remember, but they soon learnt it was the truth. :shock: :lol: :shock:
They did go to a lovely B&B just down the road and came back most mornings warm and dry to some very cold mokers wrapped in tin foil that still camped.....now who were the mad ones??? :lol: :lol: :lol:

"Jaycat"
carrie

Post by carrie »

We didn't have tin foil. Just five layers of clothes, coats mittens and hats, that is why we bought a heater for Easter Eggstravaganza II Return to Hypothermia. I seem to remember that Bob, Sara and Gizmo were like roast turkeys one night with their tin foil. We will have to do Easter Eggstravaganza III sometime.

Return to “Moke Talk”