Rubber!

Questions (and answers) about Mokes that are not covered elsewhere.
gizmoke

Rubber!

Post by gizmoke »

have a look at this on ebay #230100103212. :P
Nigel(no top)Sykes
MMC Member

Post by Nigel(no top)Sykes »

Marvelous - No good to me though - it's for one of those new fashioned Moke thingies :D
Doug G
MMC Member

Post by Doug G »

I bought a new gear gaiter from the Club Spares Dept.

Perfect. :D
Having a moking good time!
Austin Purcell

Post by Austin Purcell »

£10 is a very good price for one of these as they are normally advertised at Minispares etc for £28. I'd be interested to hear what the quality is like gizmoke? (I assume you are "gizmodog666", the buyer of the above item?).

Doug, these are different from the item that the Club currently advertise (assuming that is what you bought). The Clubs item is unique as it was only fitted to Mokes but only models up to late 1979. The item on eBay fits Mokes manufactured after this date and was also fitted to Mini's with the remote gearchange housing (the cast unit, not the rod change unit).
AP
Last edited by Austin Purcell on Sat Mar 10, 2007 23:34, edited 1 time in total.
Doug G
MMC Member

Post by Doug G »

Austin Purcell wrote:Doug, these are different from the item that the Club currently advertise (assuming that is what you bought). The Clubs item is unique as it was only fitted to Mokes but only models up to late 1979. The item on eBay fits Mokes manufactured after this date and was also fitted to Mini's with the remote gearchange housing (the cast unit, not the rod change unit).
AP
Quite right. I can see that the base is quite different. My moke is a 1973. The gaitor I bought was perfect and I also wanted to bung in a plug for the Clus Spares Dept.
Having a moking good time!
gizmoke

Post by gizmoke »

Austin Purcell wrote:£10 is a very good price for one of these as they are normally advertised at Minispares etc for £28. I'd be interested to hear what the quality is like gizmoke? (I assume you are "gizmodog666", the buyer of the above item?).

Doug, these are different from the item that the Club currently advertise (assuming that is what you bought). The Clubs item is unique as it was only fitted to Mokes but only models up to late 1979. The item on eBay fits Mokes manufactured after this date and was also fitted to Mini's with the remote gearchange housing (the cast unit, not the rod change unit).
AP
Yes it arrived today and it is good quality one. :lol:

Return to “Moke Talk”