Chinese Mini Mokes.

Questions (and answers) about Mokes that are not covered elsewhere.
Doug G
MMC Member

Chinese Mini Mokes.

Post by Doug G »

A dozen Chinese Mini Mokes are due to arrive on St.Kitts this week.

Will keep you appraised.
Having a moking good time!
spider
MMC Member

Re: Chinese Mini Mokes.

Post by spider »

Hmm,,, interesting.

Yes, be happy to see any updates on this.
Old Mokers never die, they just smell that way.
Doug G
MMC Member

Post by Doug G »

I went down to help unload etc.

They have a top mounted lockable access panels to the Battery Box (front passenger side); empty storage ( Left rear passenger side); Fuel filler ( Right rear passenger side); A bit of equipment (will go back and check it out, on Drivers side.

The space behind the rear seats is also a lockable locker.

Three cylinder engine.
Doug G
MMC Member

Post by Doug G »

NO! I did not rev the engine and shoot off the frame!!!! :D :lol: :D :lol: :D

They will cost a bit under US$37,000.00. :shock:

They do come with a radio. I wonder if they work as far east spec cars (Jap) radios do not work here, band is set to a different available sector. :roll:
werewolf

Post by werewolf »

I will also have some in the USA. soon.. bc
werewolf

Post by werewolf »

Just a heads UP.... that think you can IMPORT new moke from st barts or st kitts. to the USA.. you can NOT do this.. as these new mokes from www.moke.com.hk do NOT meet DOT or EPA USA specks. I have to import as CKDs.. with NO engine and tranny and the eight DOT marked items OFF..
werewolf

Post by werewolf »

well. looks like NO new chery mokes will be coming to the USA this year.. Seems CBP ( US CUSTOMS does NOT them imported as CKDS. email be off line about the snafu.. bc
Tim

Post by Tim »

There don't seem to be any available in Australia either. The Moke Motors Australia website is still saying they will become available in 2014.

I don't know anything for sure, but I suspect they are having a hard time meeting the registration legalities.

Tim
Any sarcastic, ignorant, libellous, unfounded or stupid opinions expressed in or through this message are the opinions of the author and do not reflect the opinions or views of any member of The Mini Moke Club or the opinions or views of any other individual.
spider
MMC Member

Post by spider »

Apparently, there are 8 of them around near Pot Lincoln in SA, they have been there for over a year.
Old Mokers never die, they just smell that way.
werewolf

Post by werewolf »

tim.. same thing here. the DOT is NOT the problem. as CKDS done all the time with cobra and super 7s. replicas.and exempt from air bags ects...as CKDs... but the ENGINE is the problem.. as it does NOT meet EPA in their weight class.. btw. the john deere and Trooper UTV.s use the same Chery #472 engine here in the USA. going to TRY to piggy back on their EPA cert... but no guarantee with this.. later b c
Tim

Post by Tim »

spider wrote:Apparently, there are 8 of them around near Pot Lincoln in SA, they have been there for over a year.
Interesting, last I heard (semi-) oficially was that there were 'delays', and I hadn't heard of any in the wild.

Tim
Any sarcastic, ignorant, libellous, unfounded or stupid opinions expressed in or through this message are the opinions of the author and do not reflect the opinions or views of any member of The Mini Moke Club or the opinions or views of any other individual.
werewolf

Post by werewolf »

tim I called the owner of Ming Moke Int. few times. recently . but NO return call in over a MONTH.. NOT good..
werewolf

Post by werewolf »

ok. everything sorted with Ming Moke. on the chery mokes.. have the EPA cert for the 1100 # 472 engine.. via Trooper UTV.. for the USA market.. good to go to import now as CKDs.. later b c
bnicho

Post by bnicho »

Tim wrote:
spider wrote:Apparently, there are 8 of them around near Pot Lincoln in SA, they have been there for over a year.
Interesting, last I heard (semi-) oficially was that there were 'delays', and I hadn't heard of any in the wild.

Tim
I am allegedly on the list for a test drive when Moke Motors in Melbourne has them available. Every time I follow up on it I am told "another month". The same answer for a year now.

Cheers,
Brett.
"Sell you my Moke? I'd rather sit on a cactus!"
Mopoke - 1971 Aussie Big Wheeler Moke with 1275 A+ powah.
Plus classic Minis and a Beetle just to mix things up a bit.
werewolf

Post by werewolf »

Do you have do type approval in the Australia like you have do in the EU for personal imports?? Or do you have to crash test and EPA 50,000 test for mass approval like here in the USA.. I will be importing them as CKDs here.. like the replica cobra and super 7s. exemption..

Return to “Moke Talk”