Hi, New To Me Moke

Questions (and answers) about Mokes that are not covered elsewhere.
tennistom

Re: Hi, New To Me Moke

Post by tennistom »

Took the Moke out for a little spin yesterday, cloudy cool weather in sunny kali, but with a ski shell jacket and an inner layer it was toasty in traffic and even had to open the jacket, could feel some heat through the floor board. No events just the loose gear shift knob popped off but shoved it back on quickly. What's the story on the unusual shaped red shift knob? It feels good seen it on a lot of Mokes in pics. I'll tighten it up soon.

Was stopped in traffic next to a red fire engine, must of made for a good pic with the mini red moke alongside the big red fire truck.

Since I don't have any side mirrors yet, Don at Mini Mania is working on it, I slapped on an All-View racing mirror over the inside rear-view. It shook so much that it kept flopping downward. Put a bit of styrofoam between the mirror bracket and the screen to help with the vibration. It still flopped down because the mirror swivel balls being loose. Is there any way of tightening them or do I need a new one? Saw the nut that holds the mirror arm to the bracket but doesn't seem tightening that would tighten the balls on the swivel arm but maybe I'll give it a twist.

Not much length to the shoulder belt, just barely clicks in, then hard to reach the ignition to turn the key--might have to lose some weight.
werewolf

Post by werewolf »

Do NOT spend the money on mini mania mirrors.. just go to Advance Auto parts.. they have them for $10 EACH. with mounting brackets.. I took off the mirrors on all the CHOKES. ( chinese mokes I imported to the USA. and replaced with mirrors from Advance.. later bc
tennistom

Post by tennistom »

Thanks for the tip Werewolf but parts already ordered. Why did you have to replace the mirrors on your Chokes?
Robin Jones

Post by Robin Jones »

Tennistom,
This video solves your problem....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AjGXn249Fc0
This is Matt Jones Son of Robin.

Return to “Moke Talk”