Seen my 1st Moke

Questions (and answers) about Mokes that are not covered elsewhere.
johng
MMC Member

Seen my 1st Moke

Post by johng »

After 13 years of Moking , Yesterday I saw the first moke I ever see on the road that is not involved with an event I was attending - Lutterworth Leicestershire at about 10.30 am . It was deep red with a cream top.
On the back of a car transport so as it passed by , I only realised it is a MOKE ! Don't know model - Like to know who 's and why ? Brokedown or moving home I think. Damn it was not even on the road ! But it counts for me
Wally2
MMC Member

Re: Seen my 1st Moke

Post by Wally2 »

Hi John,
Now you mention it, I've not seen a Moke on the road other than at Moke events. It's rare now that you see a classic mini let alone a Moke. Having said that a few months ago while out in the Moke, a mini waiting in a side road gave me a toot and flashed the headlights as I went passed.
Chris
Chris
WEEMOKE
JUX180D
Dean
MMC Member

Post by Dean »

I saw a few Mokes by chance over the years in the UK (not at events). One of the most surreal moments was when a white Aussie Moke pulled up right outside my house. I jumped up thinking someone had come to visit me but instead, he dropped off one of my neighbours and drove off.
A year or so later, I was driving home in the London traffic when the same Moke passed me going in the opposite direction. The driver had a stunned look on his face as I waved. He waved back and then he was gone. His expression probably mirrored mine.
Dean
Nigel(no top)Sykes
MMC Member

Post by Nigel(no top)Sykes »

But were you driving your Moke at the time dean?
Come on summer
64moke

Post by 64moke »

hi
i'm lucky 5 moke's in a 10 mile radius see them out and about, but not one of them in the moke club same old story only want to go to local events. :cry:
spider
MMC Member

Post by spider »

Dean wrote:I saw a few Mokes by chance over the years in the UK (not at events). One of the most surreal moments was when a white Aussie Moke pulled up right outside my house. I jumped up thinking someone had come to visit me but instead, he dropped off one of my neighbours and drove off.
A year or so later, I was driving home in the London traffic when the same Moke passed me going in the opposite direction. The driver had a stunned look on his face as I waved. He waved back and then he was gone. His expression probably mirrored mine.
Dean
I hadn't really thought about it much until reading this thread. I guess living here, where you see at least 1 Moke every other day, in the UK it seems it is a rare occurrence :mrgreen:

Yeah, right! (not) :lol:

In the 80's and early 90's I used to see a few, but these days hardly ever. There was one down the street, but I haven't seen that one for a few years.
Old Mokers never die, they just smell that way.
Drake
MMC Member

Post by Drake »

I've never seen a moke in the wild other than at an event. The last being the fathers day meet at Harewood house or portmeirion at the prisoner convention.
Tim

Post by Tim »

I spotted one on Saturday, my second ever Portuguese. I also saw my first ever Moke styled kit car. I was in Mauritius.

Tim
Any sarcastic, ignorant, libellous, unfounded or stupid opinions expressed in or through this message are the opinions of the author and do not reflect the opinions or views of any member of The Mini Moke Club or the opinions or views of any other individual.

Return to “Moke Talk”