Brittas Empire. In which edition did my old Moke appear?

Questions (and answers) about Mokes that are not covered elsewhere.
59Prototype

Brittas Empire. In which edition did my old Moke appear?

Post by 59Prototype »

Does anyone know in which edition of the Brittas Empire my old Moke appeared? It was only for few seconds and was towards the end. I've tried to find it on YouTube but there are now so many episodes available it's difficult to work out which one it was.

Graham
Dean
MMC Member

Re: Brittas Empire. In which edition did my old Moke appear?

Post by Dean »

Dunno but worth watching them all to find out.
One of Britain's best comedies ever I reckon.
Dean
Dean
MMC Member

Post by Dean »

Dean
MMC Member

Post by Dean »

Whole episode here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B787cbY7IM0
Moke snippet at the 27 minute mark.
Why did they need a Moke for such a short shot?
Dean
59Prototype

Post by 59Prototype »

Thanks Dean. I knew roughly where it appeared in the episode but I didn't know the name of the episode! Here's a 'don't blink or you'll miss it' screenshot that I've just taken of it. I think that it was on screen for about 2 seconds! Note the insulation tape holding the number plate in place as it covered up the original 14 BT 18 plate that I used for display purposes.

The background to it appearing is this. The Brittas Empire used the leisure centre at Ringwood, Hants for the external shots and as I was living in Bournemouth at the time it was only about 8 miles away. A friend from Southampton rang me up one day and said did I want to earn £50 for my Moke to be used in the Brittas Empire? I explained that it was a prototype but he said it didn't matter as the whole program was a bit wacky so attention to detail didn't really matter. I arrived there around 9.00am and went home late afternoon. Naturally there was much hanging around but it was interesting to be on the set and watch them filming. The sliding door entrance that you see is actually a fake bit of building that they push up to the side of leisure centre and therefore it doesn't disturb anyone. It was comical to see the 'automatic sliding doors' working as someone walked towards them. On a sensor? No, the truth was that there was a guy out of sight who was pulling on a rope at the right moment! Incidentally the food provided was wonderful! It was a mobile canteen that the BBC bring in and the quality of the food was top class.

As many of you know I sold the Moke in 2015 but the day at Ringwood is a treasured memory.

Graham
Tim

Post by Tim »

I've always wondered how such a rare vehicle ended up in that series.

Tim
Any sarcastic, ignorant, libellous, unfounded or stupid opinions expressed in or through this message are the opinions of the author and do not reflect the opinions or views of any member of The Mini Moke Club or the opinions or views of any other individual.

Return to “Moke Talk”