How long have You owned?

Questions (and answers) about Mokes that are not covered elsewhere.
chris naish

How long have You owned?

Post by chris naish »

Just having a chat about Mokes with a customer at my garage, and was asked how long I've owned JBM. It's 30 Years!!!!!
Mr Beard has a lot to answer for!..but got me thinking...how long do people keep Mokes for..and how long have You owned one for?
Regards All!
Chris.
Chris Naish.
pbraun

Re: How long have You owned?

Post by pbraun »

I have owned 18 Minis, but this one is my first Moke, having rented for many years in Barbados and driven a friend's elsewhere, finally retired and bought a Moke in a basket . Now it's on the road again. Owned it for 6 years so far.
peter
1965 Mini Moke, English built, on the road again!
werewolf

Post by werewolf »

I have imported about 400 plus minis in last 20 years. and about 40 mokes in about the same time.. later bc
Nigel(no top)Sykes
MMC Member

Post by Nigel(no top)Sykes »

Ahh but....it's not about how many. It's about how long
Come on summer
Jersey Moke

Post by Jersey Moke »

I have owned my Moke for nearly ten years and still get a kick when the warmer weather arrives and you can get it out of the garage again to have some fun. I the car has become part of our family especially with my kids and they just love going for a drive in it.
Dean
MMC Member

Post by Dean »

Club member Richard Crumbleholme got his in 1968. If he's still got it (and I think he does), that will be 50 years of ownership of the same car next February!
https://www.forum.mokeclub.org/viewtopi ... 823#p31823
Dean
Tim

Post by Tim »

50 years is good going. I'm only a little over half way there, but then for me to have owned one for 50 years I'd have to time travel. :D

I've owned about five in total, but only two of them were proper runners. I bought the first one in 1991 and the current one in about 2003, so about 26 years.

Tim
Any sarcastic, ignorant, libellous, unfounded or stupid opinions expressed in or through this message are the opinions of the author and do not reflect the opinions or views of any member of The Mini Moke Club or the opinions or views of any other individual.
Jez

Post by Jez »

My first Moke ECD 360C, I owned for approx 3 years back in the 90's, but regrettably had to part with it to raise funds for the imminent arrival of my son !

My current Moke DBL 785B, I have owned since June 2006, (11 years), and I have absolutely no intention of parting with it.

Jez

DBL 785B
Ian Marshall

Post by Ian Marshall »

I bought my moke with a friend on September 2nd 1971 that was in bits but over the winter was re-built and it's first MOT was on March 6th 1972.
When my friend got married a couple of years later, I bought his share of the vehicle.
The first civilian registration was 7453 RW but in 1977 there was a cherished number transfer to TRV 12
From the above , I have had this moke for 45 years & 8 months.
kenbutterfield

Post by kenbutterfield »

I reckon i have had mine since 1986...it might have to come out and play..ken
r.crumbleholme

Post by r.crumbleholme »

Hi, I have just come across Dean's mention of my Moke ownership (May 17). Yes, it will be 50 years next February. My father bought the Moke (GJB 121C - 1st reg 19/10/1965) in 1968 when I was 18 and off to college in London at the end of the swinging 60's ! I can remember Runamoke in Battersea and getting to London from Weymouth in under 3 hours !- a trip I did numerous times in all weathers. The Moke never let me down except when I met a new girlfriend and it refused to start when I attempted to go home (the girlfriend has been my wife of some 45 years now) - she always says that the Moke is my first love !

A few years before, in 1969, a friend and myself travelled right around southern Ireland and the following year we made a trip to the Swiss Alps via Holland & Germany. The car was laid up in about 1977 in my grandmother's garage. My son and myself rebuilt the car in 1995 and he took it to university in Wales. In 1999, he travelled to the French Alps with a friend, 2 mountain bikes and 2 snowboards and drove 1500 miles without a windscreen having broken it when getting off the ferry.

I remained the owner and got the car back in 2001 - I have just rebuilt the Moke again (2016/2017) but being retired now having the time to do things to the best of my ability ! I found an excellent car restorer in Weymouth (see link below for photo record) who rebuilt the shell and did the paint job. I did the strip down and rebuild myself. Panels from Leo of Moke Panels in Somerset and parts from Mini Spares etc.

Unfortunately, I was not ready for the 30th Welsh Weekend last year and will be abroad this year when it is on. However, I do plan to come along again to some Moke Club events after a long absence.

Regards

Richard Crumbleholme
Winterbourne Steepleton
Dorset UK

https://www.mistyle-weymouth.co.uk/mini ... mini-moke/
swemoke
MMC Member

Post by swemoke »

I bought my Moke on July 30 1992 so we celebrated 25 years together last month :shock:

The photo was taken this day

It is still under renovation but maybe ready to IMM 2019 :wink:

//Thomas

Return to “Moke Talk”