Rhodesian Moke 1965

Questions (and answers) about Mokes that are not covered elsewhere.
Philip21

Rhodesian Moke 1965

Post by Philip21 »

Hi

I am new to this forum and hope some of you can share some info please....

60 years ago I had a 1968 English Moke for a few years at Uni, and this weekend I decided to buy another Moke which was made in Rhodesia in 1965.

Can anyone share any info on these Rhodesian Mokes and the differences they have to English Mokes?

It is an awful blue colour- what is the best colour for eventual resale and what should I check on it while I still have a warranty from the seller?

Thanks

Philip
Nigel(no top)Sykes
MMC Member

Re: Rhodesian Moke 1965

Post by Nigel(no top)Sykes »

Hello and welcome. Is that the one that was on eBay? From Ireland I think? As to the colour.......well really it would probably have been green like almost every other one in that era, but as to what is the best colour? Well that depends on what you like doesn't it? Things to check.......whatever you'd check on a 50+ year old mini
Come on summer
werewolf

Post by werewolf »

warranty from seller on 50 year old plus moke?/ sure would NOT get this the USA. as everything is sold AS IS . No warranty.. when it hits the pavement.. later bill cox
woodypup59

Post by woodypup59 »

I was curious as to what the "round thing" was sticking out of the dash area over the drivers feet. Some sort of heater ?

As far as colour goes, the current classic car climate seems to be "original is best".

That bright blue paint job appears to be ALL over, and not well done either. It could even be brush painted Dulux, but it sounds like you are looking forward to sanding it off. Unless you are stripping back to bare metal, make sure your new paint doesn't react with the existing paint.

Customising, be it engine or interior or colour, narrows your market, although the right buyer might pay more if its what he wants.

Return to “Moke Talk”