spring converstion

Questions (and answers) about Mokes that are not covered elsewhere.
mick west

spring converstion

Post by mick west »

Hi Mokers,
I have just fitted springs and adjustable ride heights to my moke. I am very disappointed with the resulting ride , more bumpy than before, (impossible but true]! Have any of you guys had goos results from this mod?
cheers for any advice. Mick West
chris naish

Re: spring converstion

Post by chris naish »

Hi Mick
Chris Naish....yes that one here! Long time No See!
Steve Hall has done this conversion, and has mixed opinions on it. He and Kate are touring in France at the moment, but will be at the Wiston Steam Rally next weekend, in my Aussie, so you could pop in on Saturday, say hello, and bring your Moke!
Cheers1
Chris Naish.
mick west

Post by mick west »

Hi Chris,
Do to my own stupidity, I have gone and booked a week away, from this Friday! Are you likley to be at minis in the park, the following week?
Hope to see you there,
Mick West
Tim

Post by Tim »

I've never heard anyone say that a coil conversion made a great improvement. They are probably better than old, completely compressed rubber cones (i.e. the bumpstops), but I'd guess they most aren't as good as new cones or the Moutlon Smooth-a-ride version. Rubber works very well in that role.

If you think about it. A coil of wire would have to be cheaper to make than a rubber cone, so if it had worked, the factory would have done it.

Tim
Any sarcastic, ignorant, libellous, unfounded or stupid opinions expressed in or through this message are the opinions of the author and do not reflect the opinions or views of any member of The Mini Moke Club or the opinions or views of any other individual.
rien_naalden
MMC Member

"Wheeler Dealers" spring converstion

Post by rien_naalden »

"Wheeler Dealers" did the conversion, and told it to be better........

Regards, Rien.
peterbradbury

Post by peterbradbury »

I had a set of Coil Springs on a Mini, I only managed 20 miles or so before the car set on fire, however they were very stiff ones. From memory the car handled brilliantly on them, but ride wasn't great.
67 Morris Moke
Tim

Post by Tim »

Was the coil spring conversion the cause of the fire? I'm imagining them being made of cigarette lighter flint :D

Tim
Any sarcastic, ignorant, libellous, unfounded or stupid opinions expressed in or through this message are the opinions of the author and do not reflect the opinions or views of any member of The Mini Moke Club or the opinions or views of any other individual.

Return to “Moke Talk”