Australian Import

Questions (and answers) about Mokes that are not covered elsewhere.
serieslandy65

Australian Import

Post by serieslandy65 »

Hi,
We have a 1986 Portuguese moke in Cyprus and were hoping to import it into Australia where we are going back to live. We were planning on importing under the pre 1989 scheme but after research the import may be ok but the registration in Queensland may be problematic since it has to comply with design Rules LO1 with things like side repeaters, padded dash, etc. Would these prevent registration in Queensland or is there a way around this? Anyone have any information on this or any experience? Really don't want to let go of her so any information would be helpful. Thank you
Rory
werewolf

Re: Australian Import

Post by werewolf »

you might have some problems importing back to OZ . over the brakes.. something about abestos in pre 1998 cars.. I tried to send 1950 chevy pick up. and customer brought this up.. later bc
grantourer
MMC Member

Post by grantourer »

As you are going to Queensland, try googling " Brisbane Port Agents " and contact one of them, they should know what you need, and will be of assistance, as they should know their way round the system.
Regards, Graham & Judith
1981 Aussie Moke
1989 Portuguese Moke
1979 Clubman Estate
serieslandy65

Post by serieslandy65 »

Thanks all,
I have replaced all brakes clutch etc with no asbestos, it's the LO1 design rules that are a problem, so I will contact an importer about it
Thanks again
Rory

Return to “Moke Talk”