My first Mini Moke :)

Questions (and answers) about Mokes that are not covered elsewhere.
Flyer777

My first Mini Moke :)

Post by Flyer777 »

moke4.jpg
moke2.jpg
moke1.jpg
I've recently purchased my first 1965 English/Portuguese Mini Moke (JCB yellow! :D ) and I'm looking to make a few upgrades...

Seats - I'm 6ft and currently finding that my eyesight is always in-line with the top of the windscreen or just above when driving due to the height and positioning of the seats. It is fitted with stock metal seats as per the photos and I would like to upgrade to Cobra Classic Bucket seats or similar. Does anyone have first-hand experience in upgrading their Moke seats? recommendations would be most appreciated. I would like to be sitting 3-4 inches lower than the top of the windscreen.

I saw this German Moke when at Goodwood Revival and I have been contemplating the 'slammed' look! - wider wheels, lower suspension, respray, windscreen chop, rollcage removal etc. all the bells and whistles!
MOKE3.JPG
The hottest one I've seen so far is from Hawaii being put together by Slammed Society with a Honda V-TEC engine 300BHP!
mokeenginewhite.jpg

As this is my first Moke after years of wanting one, all help and advice is welcome before I start my project. I'm based near Brighton and hope to be doing the London>>>Brighton run in May if there are any other Moke enthusiasts nearby.

Many thanks

Andy Flyer777
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Nigel(no top)Sykes
MMC Member

Re: My first Mini Moke :)

Post by Nigel(no top)Sykes »

Welcome to THE forum, glad to have you aboard. As to your seating predicament, I would wholeheartedly agree with you on the metal seat thing. I'm the same height as you and when driving my '64, as you say, the top of the screen is right in your eyeline. However, when I'm in my Aussie that's fitted with the deckchair type seats I'm a good deal lower and down below the top of the screen
If you're looking at aftermarket seats be aware that Mokes are pretty skinny inside so most seats are too wide to fit in there, plus they are designed for cars with high tech stuff like roofs, doors etc so they tend to have lots of water retaining places......just what you want in a cloudburst :D
Come on summer
chris naish

Post by chris naish »

Welcome indeed!
If you are a club member it's a doddle to enter the London to Brighton run....along with around 20 other Mokes!
Just contact me, I'm in Hove, actually, and my details are in the magazine. We enter as a club, and have to apply before 29 December, would love to have a 'Newbie' on the run!
Chris.
Chris Naish.
macky999

Post by macky999 »

I have a pair of low back black bucket seats and runners that I purchased to put in my 68. The problem is that they are too narrow for my fat bottom! If you are interested in a swap for your metal ones let me know, I am up near High Wycombe in Bucks.
Doug G
MMC Member

Post by Doug G »

Welcome to the forum.

Just to also add I still have my first Mini Moke. :lol:
Having a moking good time!

Return to “Moke Talk”