Brexit, Driving Licences and Insurance

Questions (and answers) about Mokes that are not covered elsewhere.
Post Reply
Posts: 71
Joined: Sat May 31, 2008 17:54
Location: Presteigne, Powys, Wales

Brexit, Driving Licences and Insurance

Post by jocro69 » Mon Feb 25, 2019 17:45

I have just received this from my insurance company:

Brexit and Your Insurance Policy

As the UK prepares to leave the EU, most insurance companies are doing their best to prepare for every eventuality. No matter what the outcome, they are working hard to ensure minimal disruption to customers from 29th March 2019 – the date the UK leaves the European Union.

From then, in the event that the UK leaves the EU with no deal in place, UK drivers taking their vehicles to the EU, EEA, Switzerland, Andorra or Serbia may need a motor insurance Green Card. If you are planning on driving your vehicle in these countries EU, EEA, Switzerland, Andorra or Serbia, please inform your insurance company.

If you need a Green Card, one will be issued to you to ensure continued insurance coverage for your vehicle from 29th March 2019. We will continue to closely monitor developments over the coming weeks and will communicate any implications as necessary, and as soon as possible.

EU countries: Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Republic of Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain and Sweden.

EEA countries: Iceland, Liechtenstein and Norway. ... rexit-deal

Post Reply

Return to “Moke Talk”