Moke in Sri Lanka

Questions (and answers) about Mokes that are not covered elsewhere.
jocro69

Moke in Sri Lanka

Post by jocro69 »

I am intrigued, possibly wrongly, with the Moke shown on this site: https://www.facebook.com/oldlankan/?__t ... tWKRpWS-Zv
I may be showing my ignorance; but I'm rather confused. The site has been featured on several other Moke sites, but I am not sure what we are looking at? The facebook page is of a Sri Lanka 'classic' car rental site which, amongst others, features what appears to be an English Moke. Under the picture is a description from a piece of Moke America publicity material. There is also a mention of an entity named MOKE @ Automotive Marque which, when visited, states it is " ..is primarily a selling page For U.K. based E46 owners, other models are welcome." So, is this a real car? - is it a model or a computer generation? Is this an English Moke, very well restored and enhanced in Sri Lanka, OR is it a very good Sri Lankan replica of an Englsh Moke? Is it an unknown variation of a BMW E46, or is it the latest (so far unknown) offering from the electrifying MOKE America organisation? Or is it none of the above? Please edify me and cease my ignorance!

Return to “Moke Talk”