Moke International

Questions (and answers) about Mokes that are not covered elsewhere.
AndyP12345

Re: Moke International

Post by AndyP12345 »

Popped into Hendy this morning to have a look at a Porsche and spotted the fact there are some 15 Mokes out the back of the showroom under protective covers and 5 or 6 inside. Including one with a SOlD sticker on it.

They do look good and fun but not sure I can justify the price tag
werewolf

Post by werewolf »

doug g.. well at least Moke Int GB. is getting the IVA.s and V5 finally.done of the 56 mokes... this is what I meant by being on the right track..Andy.. well these chokes..still cheaper by 50% than buying proper UK moke here in the USA>. as Uk moke will fetch $50,000 USD in 2021 later bc
werewolf

Post by werewolf »

anyone know how many that Hendy have that has a V5 and IVA yet?? just curious
werewolf

Post by werewolf »

The Moke International Ltd GB. plant in Cerizay, France has SHUTTERED.. they sold off the last dozen or so moke shells for SCRAP.. instead of selling me the left over shells.. MIL says they are moving to England to build Mokes.. I want to see how this works out with DLVA... ect.. later bc
werewolf

Post by werewolf »

I saw told today. that Moke international LTD. is already building new petrol and e mokes in the UK. but no one seems to know where to new Moke Assembly plant is located in the UK?? I asked Alex Smith at Hendy in Poole.. this info came from him. but he told me he was TOO busy selling the new mokes to ASK where the new plant is in the UK?/ all sounds like total BS to me.. later bc
AndyP12345

Daily express article

Post by AndyP12345 »

Doug G
MMC Member

Post by Doug G »

There is also this.

https://www.mtdmfg.com/news/mini-moke-p ... om-france/
Please not that is 'MOKE' production.

NOT 'MINI MOKE' production.

Suspect that BMW still owns the name 'MINI MOKE'.
Last edited by Doug G on Thu Sep 23, 2021 15:18, edited 1 time in total.
Having a moking good time!
Doug G
MMC Member

Post by Doug G »

Anyone looked at the state of Moke International's accounts at Company house?
Doug G
MMC Member

Post by Doug G »

werewolf wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 14:53 Well. Moke Int. LTD GB has sold NO cars in the USA... None in the EU./ UK. and seems to have sold NONE in OZ.in the last five years....guess they have sold handful to Caribbean, so how are they even still in business.?? this reminds me of the old Delbert Mcclinton song. SHAKY GROUND.. later bc
Problem with selling the Mokes in that Caribbean is that the import duties basically double (or more) the Carriage, Insurance and Freight(CIF) price.
werewolf

Post by werewolf »

doug.. last time I checked Moke Int ltd in company house they were 10 million quid in the RED.. as for the patent /copyright I am NOT a liberty to tell the whole skinny on it today.. will become public knowledge in few months.. but it is NOT BMW.. I see that Moke Int Ltd. GB.. got big grant from Niche Vehicle network from the UK gov to design new frame.. but NOT to relocate and it has said the UK papers last few days.. congrats on selling your last six chokes... they sure have rust problems if NOT reworked and painted.. aske me how I know?? later bc
werewolf

Post by werewolf »

I just saw Hendy of Poole England. has ordered 60 new petrol mokes . Military versions.. from Moke Int Ltd GB.. assume these still have the SQR 472 chery engines / trannys made in china?? later bc
Nigel(no top)Sykes
MMC Member

Post by Nigel(no top)Sykes »

Yeah, Army, Air Force and Special Ops versions. All the engine info is in their brochure
Come on summer
Doug G
MMC Member

Post by Doug G »

Nigel(no top)Sykes wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 15:37 Yeah, Army, Air Force and Special Ops versions. All the engine info is in their brochure
Can you give link to the brochure showing that?
Doug G
MMC Member

Post by Doug G »

werewolf wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 16:06 doug.. last time I checked Moke Int ltd in company house they were 10 million quid in the RED.. as for the patent /copyright I am NOT a liberty to tell the whole skinny on it today.. will become public knowledge in few months.. but it is NOT BMW.. I see that Moke Int Ltd. GB.. got big grant from Niche Vehicle network from the UK gov to design new frame.. but NOT to relocate and it has said the UK papers last few days.. congrats on selling your last six chokes... they sure have rust problems if NOT reworked and painted.. aske me how I know?? later bc
Right about Moke Int'l being really deep in the RED to the tune of circa £10,000,000.00.

Await the report(s) of the patent /copyright in due course. :lol: Am sure that it would make a good article for the Club's 'Moking' magazine.

I have sold five of the six 'chokes'. Last one is being held on a deposit until 20 October.
It needs a fuel pump and can't remember if the radio works.

Must check I seem to recall that they had three cylinder engines. :shock:

After I sold the last three of five (still holding one), somebody called me up with an offer of US$18,500.00 for that there and the one I am holding. :x
werewolf

Post by werewolf »

Hi Doug G.. of st kitts.. all the moke/chokes.. including the 56 sold at Hendys in Poole and your 6 chokes and my 14 chokes.. all had the Chinese Chery Engine.. SQR 472.engine and trannys.. later bc ps sure the the patent and copyright is fully settled this winter. that Moke Club will have the SKINNY on this..

Return to “Moke Talk”