Moke International

Questions (and answers) about Mokes that are not covered elsewhere.
Tim

Re: Moke International

Post by Tim »

The new Jimnys look pretty good. Shame there's not a soft top. Probably much better built compared to some other vehicles too...

That's pretty pricey, they're about USD26,000 here, and that includes 'Australia Tax'. Not that I could afford one.

Tim
Any sarcastic, ignorant, libellous, unfounded or stupid opinions expressed in or through this message are the opinions of the author and do not reflect the opinions or views of any member of The Mini Moke Club or the opinions or views of any other individual.
Doug G
MMC Member

Post by Doug G »

I did, very interesting.
Having a moking good time!
werewolf

Post by werewolf »

Hi Doug.. if you give me list of parts you need. I will get you quote.. from Moke Int. In Cerizay, France.. this week.. later bc
werewolf

Post by werewolf »

doug.. glad you got the moke parts ok from Cerizay , France..fyi. I got to order more fuel pumps today.. seems to be weak point on these chokes.. you might do the same.. think I paid $57 USD each for them.. later bb
werewolf

Post by werewolf »

guys.. if someone ACTUALLY sees on the new Chokes on the streets in England try to get a photo of it and photo of the vin plate.. later bc
werewolf

Post by werewolf »

I understand.. they are six new CHOKES at Hendy Sportscars in Poole, England.. All automatics.. Vin number / WMI is VXM. which comes back to Yugoslavia. according to WIki pedia.. world manufacture IDs..I talked to salesman and he said. NO Test drives yet.. waiting on DVLA. ( for IVA or V5??) later bc
AndyP12345

Post by AndyP12345 »

There are indeed 6 in the showroom and the Moke sign is outside the building. Kia before Lockdown 2 I had a good look around all the vehicles

Expecting a full speed eMoke in 2021. Current build is 56 for UK imported as a limited build so each vehicle is IVA tested on arrival in the UK. Dependent on success of this build further “limited edition” builds may follow

The Moke for test drive is awaiting registration by DVLA which can take up to eight weeks. I will try for a Test Drive when available. Build quality seems good however in excess of £25k is a lot of pounds ...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
werewolf

Post by werewolf »

Let me guess.. Hendy Sports cars in Poole is taking deposits on the 56 mokes.. that might or might NOT get UK V5s?? Here in the USA. being a Lic dealer.. I can NOT offer a car for sale on my dealer lot UNLESS I have the title in hand. Time will tell.. it is taking 2 YEARS to get title now here now on antique with title bond... 6 months on normal title..
jocro69

Post by jocro69 »

As Moke International is proposing to sell a NEW MOKE in the UK, under the official trademark, for the 1st time since the 1990s; it is only right that the official Mini Moke Club should take a serious interest in the car and the company making it. This interest has already been shown in the comments in the forum above and elsewhere, but it is necessary to balance hear-say and speculation with facts - true facts (remember this is about a NEW MOKE, and not just the USA Elections!)
As the person responsible in the Club for PR and external relations I have taken this subject seriously, especially as the commercial director of Moke International has taken to the Club facebook page to comment on the NEW MOKE and answer questions.
I have therefore prepared a 6 page overview on the situation which will be discussed by the Moke Club committee in due course. Until that time this report will not be openly published, but I will make it available to Club members who have an interest in this matter, and who maybe in a position to add to or question the information I have have compiled.
If you are interested to receive this document please email me with your Moke Club membership number and a commitment that you will not copy or forward it to others or publish it anywhere without my permission.
Look forward to hearing from you. Richard.
richard.crowe@mokeclub.org
Last edited by jocro69 on Sat Nov 14, 2020 13:58, edited 1 time in total.
AndyP12345

Post by AndyP12345 »

As you can see from the picture these Mokes look fab, if you get the chance go to the Hendy dealer in poole and take a look. As you can see my wife gave the Moke a good inspection and came away impressed. the sales guys are vey helpful and Alex is pretty knowledgable about the Moke. Moke International have also been very helpful and open answering my questions on future builds and electrification which my wife is really interested in. Hendys had a mix of colours when I went in, the base colours are good. the car that is being registered as a demo is heritage blue and has alloy wheels rather than the standard steel ones. I will be down there for a test drive once its is on the road and lockdown2.0 has ended. If you don't buy a Moke from Hendy you may end up with a Lotus or one of the other classic sports cars they have for sale, worth a visit as they always have interesting cars there.
werewolf

Post by werewolf »

Nigel.. is there a limit to IVA approval cars that can be sold in the UK per year?? later bc
jocro69

Post by jocro69 »

Type Approvals

The UK Government regards small sales runs of vehicles as beng less than 1000. I can find no mention of a 60 car limit under the regulations that MOKE International are intending to use. These are (quoted from UK Government website):

“National Small Series Type Approval (NSSTA) – is a UK national scheme for low volume manufacturers who intend to sell only in the UK. The advantages of NSSTA are relaxed technical requirements for some subjects, a more pragmatic approach to the Conformity of Production (CoP) requirements, and reduction in administrative requirements. Like ECWVTA, once the design is approved, individual vehicles do not need to be tested. And

Individual Vehicle Approval (IVA) - is a UK national scheme and the most likely route for those manufacturing or importing single vehicles or very small numbers. IVA does not require CoP as it is based on inspection of each vehicle, although most bodybuilders and converters will work with manufacturers to ensure there is no warranty compromise. The IVA scheme is the least onerous of the approval routes in terms of compliance but involves an individual inspection of each vehicle. This route to approval permits registration or entry into service only within the UK. Under IVA, vehicles have to be inspected by the Driver and Vehicle Standards Agency (DVSA) in Great Britain or the Driver and Vehicle Agency (DVA) in Northern Ireland.”

From what I can gather, they are submitting each car imported to an individual test. I believe that the 56 cars available to the UK next year is more about market perception and the logistics of testing.

If you want to know more of what I know, please email me for the full overview. richard.crowe@mokeclub.org
werewolf

Post by werewolf »

ricard.. aka jocro69... you might look up company info on company.co.uk or suite.endole.co.uk and you will see Moke Int ltd GB. has 8.76 million quid in Liabilities.. last year alone.. they imported six mokes to USA in may 2016.. and have imported few cars to St Barts since then.. NOTHING any where else... time will tell IF they survive in 2021...
1967moke

Post by 1967moke »

mmh, needs to be a Moke 57, as the first Moke rolled off the production line on 12.12.63, AABI 513101, bound for Papua.
werewolf

Post by werewolf »

Richard Crowe good chatting with you on line.. let us know if you need anything else.. later bc

Return to “Moke Talk”