Moke USA

Questions (and answers) about Mokes that are not covered elsewhere.
werewolf

Re: Moke USA

Post by werewolf »

oh yea.. I forgot two small items. E dip and PAINT.. another $5k..
Bodge

Post by Bodge »

werewolf wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 15:22 See you can find address in the UK for the assembly plant and will send my friend by who lives in Aylesbury England to take a look.. my guess it is only a PO Box address. in England. later bc
Bill

It looks like it is VCS Manufacturing who are making some of the panel work https://www.vcsmanufacturing.co.uk

You can see pictures of the Mokes on their front page and under "projects"

Their address is:

Unit 9 & 10 Buckingham Close,
Bermuda Industrial Estate,
Nuneaton
CV10 7JT

I do agree that it is strange when they say the new MOKE is "engineered" in the UK. Manufacture is probably in China.
Should you wish, you can always contact me at M Parts
werewolf

Post by werewolf »

dodge.. thanks.. I will ask my friend who is in Aylesbury to go have a look. and get some photos.. thanks for the info.. later b
werewolf

Post by werewolf »

dodge.. I see they are making moke panels. but long way from assembly from panels to complete cars that will PASS DVLAs IVA regs.. I just can NOT see this in the UK or France.due to labor costs... ?? later bc
jocro69

Post by jocro69 »

Just catching up with this discussion, and anxious to learn more about the current 'new' Moke; about an imminent launch in the UK and its relationship with Moke America (is this the same as Moke USA??) and NosMoke marketed in Europe.
Are they all based upon the Australian designed vehicle made in China several years ago, or are they all independent. but just lookalike. I could do more research myself but, if this forum already has the answers, it would be easier to learn from you.
As you know I am responsible for public and press relations for the Club and, as such, I need to know as much as possible about all those involved in (what is claimed) to be an Autumn launch through the main-stream dealer, the Hendy Group, and in particular their Poole dealership.
I do know that they are to offer a limited run only 56 cars (under the marketing ploy of Mokes from 1964 - 2020). This is necessary to circumvate current EU/UK rules which requires a new car to meet Euro6 emission regulations (the obselete Chery 1.1L engine used, only meets Euro4) but it is not clear if this limited run also allows other contruction and use regulations etc to be ignored.
As long as this vehicle was not sold in quantity in the major markets (including UK, Europe, USA & Australia) the interest of the Club and its members was only academic, but if the car is to be sold to the public in the UK, then the Club needs to be as knowledgeable as possible. I look forward to future comments.
werewolf

Post by werewolf »

jocro69.. well. we call these mokes. CHOKES.. as they are made with chinese shells. they are NOT even a exact replica like the NOSMOKE mokes.. I wish Luc at NOSMOKE would offer petrol mokes.. later bc
werewolf

Post by werewolf »

jocro69.... ok. moke america is NOT connected to Moke Internatioal LTD GB. or Moke USA or NOSmoke in any way.. I think Moke USA is GONE.. website be down for months.. the new CHOKES have either the SQR 472 Chery 1100 DOHC engine like the ones being sold by Moke INT GB. and then ALL the moke america mokes are E mokes.. very poor range of only 25 miles and 25 MPH top speed.. If you want E moke.. buy one from Luc at NOSMOKE.. much better quality.. the new CHOKES are 4 inches longer so that the Chery engines will fit.. later bc
werewolf

Post by werewolf »

Seems www.hendy.co.uk motors in the UK is going to be the SOLE seller of the new 56 chokes in the UK
AndyP12345

Post by AndyP12345 »

Hi All. I am a new member but have seen the new Moke International; Mokes in the “metal” at Hendy Sportscars here in Poole. Last month they had six Mokes in the showroom in a variety of colours and were taking orders at just over 25k

The build quality looked reasonable each car is IVA’d on import and Hendybwere waiting to get a car registered for test drives etc. The Mokes in the showroom were (from memory) all automatics. They are assembled in France and have a Chinese engine fitted.

Not sure how many have been sold but there were still Mokes in the showroom when I drove past last week
werewolf

Post by werewolf »

HI andy.. many thanks.. me also thinks shells were made in China.. if you are there again.. look under the bonnet and see if you can get the the WMI. the first three digits of the vin number.. thanks bc
werewolf

Post by werewolf »

I called Hendy sportscars in Poole England today. seems the WMI.. world manufacture ID for the new mokes is VXM.. which says they were made in Yugoslavia.. (VX is the county of manufacture and M I guess stand for Moke)
werewolf

Post by werewolf »

ps. you can see all the WMI.s on wikipedia.. and country codes start this process..

Return to “Moke Talk”