Buying an Australian Moke

Questions (and answers) about Mokes that are not covered elsewhere.
AndyP12345

Buying an Australian Moke

Post by AndyP12345 »

Thinking about buying an Australian Moke as winter project. Have found one I am interested in but with lockdown difficult to go an look at it car is located in Cambridgeshire

Have seen pics and a short video.

Car was imported into the UK approx 20 years ago and never registered. Looks in good condition and is a runner. Has some import/export documentation

So questions I have...
Will I be able to get the car registered ok?
What sort of price would you think I should be paying for the car
If I can get price right would any one buy here without looking at it
Finally. Any one more local in Cambridge that could take a look at her for me. She is a lovely yellow with black roll bars. Looks like some work has been done as paint quite shiny.

Thanks
Andy
Nigel(no top)Sykes
MMC Member

Re: Buying an Australian Moke

Post by Nigel(no top)Sykes »

You should be able to get it registered so long as the accompanying paperwork is in order.
A fair price is what YOU consider a fair price. Your fair price may well be different to my fair price!
I’d not buy it without laying eyes on it........knowledgeable eyes would be better.
If you were to join the club you would most likely receive a copy of the members contact details so you could ring someone local and ask them.
Come on summer
werewolf

Re: Buying an Australian Moke

Post by werewolf »

andy. photos?? I have friend in Aylesbury that than go look for you and then buy and bring to you.. for a FEE of course.. later bc

Return to “Moke Talk”