Large Man in Moke

Questions (and answers) about Mokes that are not covered elsewhere.
Stack

Large Man in Moke

Post by Stack »

I am seriously considering purchasing an electric Moke for my summer home. I have never driven one, and I’m doing my best to assess from specs/pictures how big (or not) the seating is. I am a BIG person (that’s a kind way of saying fat), and I am trying to understand if a 350lb person will actually be able to drive this thing? I can drive my golf cart, and a Polaris, not necessarily the most comfortable thing in the world but at least I know I fit. Thoughts on the size of the seating here? Greatly appreciate any feedback. Thank you.
Nigel(no top)Sykes
MMC Member

Re: Large Man in Moke

Post by Nigel(no top)Sykes »

My answer depends on where you are in the world. If it’s the US of A then I’d advise contacting Bill Cox as he has a decent stock of them and will know the sizes
Come on summer
Stack

Post by Stack »

I am getting a U.S. one. Electric. How do I reach that person? Thank you.
Nigel(no top)Sykes
MMC Member

Post by Nigel(no top)Sykes »

He posts on the forum regularly under the name werewolf, in one of his posts there was this..... email me on
bille.cox@hotmail.com
Come on summer
werewolf

Post by werewolf »

Stack.. you need to drive proper petrol moke.. the e moke. NOTHING but golf cart.. and can NOT be driven on most roads in the USA.. as top speed is only 25 MPH.. you can call me at 1,704.487.6797 home later bc
werewolf

Post by werewolf »

stack.. great talking to you today.. I prefer phone calls over email anytime.. I do NOT think the e mokes are legal in Mexico Or Canada.. right now.. and I can make bench seat in front and move back 4 inches if needed and cut out place for the hand brake.. I am taking to my friend in Mexico tonight to see about the import , duty ect. for you.. and thanks nigel.. later bc ps. think the emokes are only 48 volts..( the Teslas are 72 volts) and hauling more than ONE person would be hard on the moke. as top speed in only 25 MPH. off a CLIFF...
werewolf

Post by werewolf »

Luc.s NO Smoke E mokes from France.. I think are 60 volts.. but do NOT know about importing them to the USA , Mexico or Canada
werewolf

Post by werewolf »

new petrol mokes
werewolf

Post by werewolf »

IMG_0074.JPG
IMG_0072.JPG
IMG_0074.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
werewolf

Post by werewolf »

Stack. I am waiting on the import duty this moke to ship to mexico.. call me over the weekend.. 001.704.487.6797 home.. thanks b c
werewolf

Post by werewolf »

doug.. put call into Customs broker in Nuevo Laredo, Mexico again today.. normally 16 % duty.. later bc
werewolf

Post by werewolf »

Doug.. Ok.. import tax and duty will be $8000 USD to Mexico.. Can you NOT just title it in NY or Fla.. and drive it down to Cabo?? I know In Cali .. you need SB 100 on Kit car.. impossible to get . later bc

Return to “Moke Talk”