Moke Model with a Hardtop

The place for eBay Moke alerts/comments/moans and laughs
Dean
MMC Member

Moke Model with a Hardtop

Post by Dean »

I've never seen this one before, pricey though.
Dean
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/SPARK-Mini-Moke- ... 5d288aefd9
chris naish

Re: Moke Model with a Hardtop

Post by chris naish »

This is interesting, I had a call from a chap in Essex,after he'd seen an article in Classic Car Weekly,about a photo of BMC Parade Team moke JOM121E,which I have registered to my son Robert. He owns a Gold Leaf Team Lotus Elan, in fact THE Elan! He told me he had a photo of his car next to a Moke,with it turns out,a Barton Hardtop in Gold Leaf Colours. More interesting for me,the registration was JOM132E, not part of the Parade Team, but promotional vehicle given to John PLayer in those days?
Chris Naish.
Nigel(no top)Sykes
MMC Member

Post by Nigel(no top)Sykes »

whatever the colour scheme I wouldn't fancy driving that combination on the road !! If it could pull its self up the drive that is :D
Come on summer
Nigel Jones

Post by Nigel Jones »

Barton Hardtops remain extremely exclusive.......... representative of their owners.

The Gold Leaf Mokes had 1275 "S" engines fitted and of course the Lotus Europa race cars were lightened. So not as bad as initially seems.

Nice models though................
After 28 years, not Mokeless any more!
Nigel(no top)Sykes
MMC Member

Perhaps, but a 1960's trailer wouldn't be light .... and by the time you've added spare tyres (rain/slicks) etc plus food n supplies for the weekend PLUS spares for all those fragile Lotus bits even a 1275 would struggle to go (and stop)
Come on summer
Nigel(no top)Sykes
MMC Member

(Oh... and there's the weight of that garden shed on the Moke to consider :lol:
Come on summer
Tim

Post by Tim »

Many years ago I needed to retrieve a broken down Mini, so I hired a car trailer. Now in Australia car enthusiasts are into big cars. Basically if has to be a V8 muscle car. That means if you're in the business of hiring car trailers, they have to be able to carry a 2 Tonne V8, plus a bit of over-engineering to allow for the abuse that the user will subject it to. Anyway, I went to the hire place to fetch this empty trailer with the Moke. It towed it Ok, the big hills were a struggle but I got it home alright. Then I tried to reverse it down the steep driveway. Rather than holding it back, the Moke got pulled down backwards with its wheels spinning trying to get some grip when there was no weight on them. I had to pull it out with another car (lucky my Dad had a traditional Aussie car).

There was another time that I had a major fishtail while towing a load of firewood, I did briefly think that I was going to die. I will only ever tow a tiny trailer with a Moke again.

Tim
Dean
MMC Member

Post by Dean »

kenbutterfield

Post by kenbutterfield »

That combination did work...but behind the scenes I can assure you that the moke towing (red) was fitted with the largest engine practicable and used to boil at the first opportunity!
That is Andrew Turford looking on...ken
rien_naalden
MMC Member

Post by rien_naalden »

almost birthday time,,,,,, I bought one ! Very nice detailed, and the only model with a Barton hardtop
as far as I know of. In better condition as my hardtop.... A matter of time. :P
teardrop
MMC Member

Post by teardrop »

Nigel hard top dont you be going and wetting youreself now.
Paul
loose wheels dont roll forever
1973bullbee

gold leaf moke

Post by 1973bullbee »

Hi i just bought a moke the person who i bought it of said it belonged to the gold leaf racing team with the reg no jom 132e I have the heritage cert with all the info on it i have been on the intetweb and no info to wether this is correct i would like some help please as i come to a dead end on this and i could do with knowing as i need to aply for the log book with this reg if its true
Wally2
MMC Member

Post by Wally2 »

Hi and welcome to the forum.
There is a photo of JOM 132E on page 98 of the book written by the club ' Moke The History'. with a lotus type 47 race on a trailer behind the Moke in October 1967. The Moke had a Barton hard top on then, but there isn't any further information, only that at that point it was not known if it still survived.
Are you UK based? Any photos of the Moke as it is now?

Cheers

Chris
Chris
WEEMOKE
JUX180D
1973bullbee

gold leaf moke

Post by 1973bullbee »

Hi i have some pics to follow the moke is a 67 on heritage cert but is in a bad way there are various numbers stamped into the top off bulkhead and yes am in uk
ps how do i attach photos
Wally2
MMC Member

Post by Wally2 »

Hi,
Instructions on how to include photos in posts are in 'Site discuss' section. Look forward to seeing some pics. If you are going to restore the Moke it would make a good subject for 'Project M' .
Cheers
Chris
Chris
WEEMOKE
JUX180D

Return to “eBay”