MMC Member

Re: Moke or no Moke?

Post by Nigel(no top)Sykes »

Wasn't it on eBay a while ago? Somewhere up in Geordie land I think
Come on summer
chris naish

Post by chris naish »

I sort of know the owner! I bought the Sunraysia wheels that were on it when he got it, and he put those Revolutions on instead.
I seem to recall he imported it from Germany, and registered it with the local DVLA office (Those were the days!!) which was Brighton, UF being the area letters. He lived in Hailsham, where it still appears to be, just north of Eastbourne. I can't clearly remember, but I think he said that a German 'Wood and Pickett' type company had restyled the front, hence the name on the front.
Chris Naish.
Tim

Post by Tim »

It definitely looks like an Aussie Moke from that period, but the front is curious. I wonder whether there's a radiator or something in there? I've seen something similar done to fit an alternative engine in, and the new Chokes are extended at the front for the same reason.

Tim
Any sarcastic, ignorant, libellous, unfounded or stupid opinions expressed in or through this message are the opinions of the author and do not reflect the opinions or views of any member of The Mini Moke Club or the opinions or views of any other individual.

Return to “eBay”