Military Mokes and trailers

The place for eBay Moke alerts/comments/moans and laughs
curious

Military Mokes and trailers

Post by curious »

Did the Military have customised trailers for Mokes?

Genuine ex Army Canvas Canopy for Mini Moke Trailer
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/152014554521 ... 1555.l2649
Tim

Re: Military Mokes and trailers

Post by Tim »

Yes, it's quite well documented. I think Watto had an article about them in one of his The Mini Experience magazines. They don't resemble a moke much, but are sized to suit.

Sorry I'm away from my computer so can't chase up a link to a picture.

Tim
Any sarcastic, ignorant, libellous, unfounded or stupid opinions expressed in or through this message are the opinions of the author and do not reflect the opinions or views of any member of The Mini Moke Club or the opinions or views of any other individual.
spider
MMC Member

Post by spider »

Alpine Moke is another guy to ask (he supplied much of the info to Watto for his article ;)).

There were (supposedly) available to the general public under SPO 39 and SPO 40, the difference being that SPO 39 was supplied without a Tonneau Cover. So, I guess if you had an SPO 39, and bought the Tonneau from ebay, you could have the necessary fashion accessory to have it as either an SPO 39 or an SPO 40!

The Trailer's themselves were actually fulled welded and sealed so that they could hold water. Be a cow of a way of transporting any liquid!

Old Mokers never die, they just smell that way.
Tim

Post by Tim »

I believe there was more than one batch and supplier. The factory apparently built some, but the largest batch of 90 was built by Marybirnon Ordininance Factory in Melbourne.

This one is owned by my mate JohnB in Melbourne.
Any sarcastic, ignorant, libellous, unfounded or stupid opinions expressed in or through this message are the opinions of the author and do not reflect the opinions or views of any member of The Mini Moke Club or the opinions or views of any other individual.

Return to “eBay”