Looks like a Choke

The place for eBay Moke alerts/comments/moans and laughs
grantourer
MMC Member

Looks like a Choke

Post by grantourer »

Hi Guys and Girls. Spotted this on EBay, looks like a Choke to me.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MINI-MOKE-Ver ... Sw241YYv3A
Regards, Graham & Judith
1981 Aussie Moke
1989 Portuguese Moke
1979 Clubman Estate
Dean
MMC Member

Re: Looks like a Choke

Post by Dean »

No, that's a real one.
Looks like a Moke Export (early Cali) to me.
Dean
Wally2
MMC Member

Post by Wally2 »

Really? Looks a lot like the choke we saw at the Lincoln big mini day a few years ago, I think the give away is the bottom lip on the side pods.
Cannot see a petrol filler cap anywhere?
This was definitely a choke as the owner said he'd bought the shell and used a '63 mini as the donor car.
Chris
Chris
WEEMOKE
JUX180D
Nigel(no top)Sykes
MMC Member

Post by Nigel(no top)Sykes »

Time to get to specsavers wally :shock: The filler caps there, in the middle of the l/h side, on top....... If you're talking about the yellow one though, I think they had a tank in the back subframe
Come on summer
Wally2
MMC Member

Post by Wally2 »

hi Nig,
Yes it was the yellow one! Perhaps the tank is not fitted yet?
Chris
Chris
WEEMOKE
JUX180D
Manicmark

Post by Manicmark »

In my opinion it looks like an export Moke, we have just built a new replacement shell for one, it has lots of odd features I haven't seen on other Mokes.
Mg midget petrol tank mounted under the rear floor with the filler cap in the back panel and deeper wheel arches, the one we have done has side repeaters set into the arches front and rear.
Anyone got any idea of how many of them were made ?
werewolf

Post by werewolf »

I think it is CHOKE also. due the huge lip at bottom of the pantoons.. I imported 20 of these to the USA>. I should KNOW that they look like.. and front roo bars also dead give away at 45 degree angle. instead of close up to bonnett.. later bc
Dean
MMC Member

Post by Dean »

werewolf wrote:I think it is CHOKE also. due the huge lip at bottom of the pantoons.. I imported 20 of these to the USA>. I should KNOW that they look like.. and front roo bars also dead give away at 45 degree angle. instead of close up to bonnett.. later bc
What roo bars?
Dean
werewolf

Post by werewolf »

dean.. look at the roo bars on the red moke on this thread.. and see the difference .. from Aus Moke.. and yes I know the yellow moke does NOT have roo bars.. but look at the bottom lip.. and see the 2 inches sticking out. at bottom on the pantoons..later bc
Nigel(no top)Sykes
MMC Member

Post by Nigel(no top)Sykes »

The continuation of the arhes along the bottom of the body is a thing that the Australians have been doing for a while. I saw a few Moke's with that particular styling idiosyncrasy while I was over there for the muster in '06.
Perhaps that's where the Chinese copied it from!!
Come on summer
Dean
MMC Member

Post by Dean »

This topic is about the yellow Moke that was listed on eBay, not the red one (we all know that's Chinese :roll: )
As Nigel says, that extrusion along the lower edge is not a sure -fire way of identifying a Choke as owners have been fitting a visually similar thing to genuine Aussie Mokes for years.
Dean
Tim

Post by Tim »

The yellow one is clearly an export model, not a choke. I think the idea of the side skirt thingy is to deflect some of the stones that get flicked up from the front wheels. Its not an uncommon modification in Australia.

Tim
Any sarcastic, ignorant, libellous, unfounded or stupid opinions expressed in or through this message are the opinions of the author and do not reflect the opinions or views of any member of The Mini Moke Club or the opinions or views of any other individual.
werewolf

Post by werewolf »

tim.. never seen the lip on the Aus mokes here in the USA. BUT we see so few mokes..here in USA . I could be WRONG.. sure NOT the first time.. later bc

Return to “eBay”