Gearchange Rubber Bobbin supports.

BarrieJ

Gearchange Rubber Bobbin supports.

Post by BarrieJ »

Hi all.

Question regarding the rubber vibration mounts on the Portuguese (and others) that go under the selector box.

One of mine has decided to expire and Im having difficulties identifying the replacements here in Spain.

Mini Spares Uk has them as 22G2205 but they also have another version listed under exhaust mounts, are these smaller?

In Spain I can only find these.
https://www.miniparts.es/product-page/s ... pe?lang=en

Which are in the exhaust section.
When looking in the correct section on the site they have nothing else listed.

No matter what I don't eat to buy from the Uk as the shipping charges are getting stupid and with most couriers lumping an extra €10 just to handle the parts.

For now (as the ITV is due early next month) I have resorted to using good old JB weld and making holes in the rubber so it can grip.

Cheers everyone.
Tim

Re: Gearchange Rubber Bobbin supports.

Post by Tim »

The exhaust ones (GEX7251) are shorter than the rod-change ones (22G2205) but they can be used more or less interchangeably. The threaded bits on the ends are the same diameter and thread.

Tim
Any sarcastic, ignorant, libellous, unfounded or stupid opinions expressed in or through this message are the opinions of the author and do not reflect the opinions or views of any member of The Mini Moke Club or the opinions or views of any other individual.
BarrieJ

Re: Gearchange Rubber Bobbin supports.

Post by BarrieJ »

Tim wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 21:59 The exhaust ones (GEX7251) are shorter than the rod-change ones (22G2205) but they can be used more or less interchangeably. The threaded bits on the ends are the same diameter and thread.

Tim
Cheers thats good to know as the exhaust ones are the only ones available here in Spain (that I can find)

After stripping it I found that the bracket that fits to the remote box had been locked up so it could not pivot on the remote unit.
Ive glued the broken bobbin up and it seems ok for now, and as a bonus reverse is a lot easier to engage.

Cheers.

Return to “Engine/Transmission/Clutch”