Oil advice and recommendations here

spider
MMC Member

Re: Oil advice and recommendations here

Post by spider »

govig wrote:Despite being a Morris Oil aficionado for 40+ years, I've just changed to the Millers Mini specific oil for the Moke as it seems to be the only multigrade that also has GL4 spec for the gearbox.
Penrite also do a similar blend, though I'm not sure how easy it is to find in your part of the world.

Actually, they have two as it turns out. The 'original' being the HPR30 and the newer one being 'Classic Light', the latter is the same Oil only with a further additive, apparently to make it stands up better to a vehicle which is parked up for long periods.
Old Mokers never die, they just smell that way.
grantourer
MMC Member

Post by grantourer »

spider wrote:
govig wrote:Despite being a Morris Oil aficionado for 40+ years, I've just changed to the Millers Mini specific oil for the Moke as it seems to be the only multigrade that also has GL4 spec for the gearbox.
Penrite also do a similar blend, though I'm not sure how easy it is to find in your part of the world.

Actually, they have two as it turns out. The 'original' being the HPR30 and the newer one being 'Classic Light', the latter is the same Oil only with a further additive, apparently to make it stands up better to a vehicle which is parked up for long periods.

Hi there is dealer in France. Website details below.

http://www.huile-penrite.fr/
Regards, Graham & Judith
1981 Aussie Moke
1989 Portuguese Moke
1979 Clubman Estate
oilman

Post by oilman »

Hi

I think a lot of engine oils would be suitable for something where GL4 is required, but the Millers CTV and Classic Mini are good, safe options. A bike oil is also a good choice as they are designed for engines and gearboxes that share oil.

Cheers

Tim
The Mini Moke Club members get at least 10% discount at Opie Oils
oilman's website: http://www.opieoils.co.uk/ - register for news and offers
email: sales@opieoils.co.uk
phone: 01209 215164 opt 2

Return to “Engine/Transmission/Clutch”