Engine number

serieslandy65

Engine number

Post by serieslandy65 »

Hello on my 1986 I have been looking on the registration form for its engine number and after translating from Greek to English one that reads 'machine engine' I thought this might be the engine number (0000 102271) but every other engine number I have seen has letters in it. My question is is this an engine number or have I got the wrong number. I can also not see anything on the document remotely resembles an engine number I have seen on other peoples posts. Any help will be greatly appreciated

Rory
grantourer
MMC Member

Re: Engine number

Post by grantourer »

Hi Rory. Our Portuguese came in from Crete and has a Greek log book. Our engine number is by AP.KINHTHPA and it is 12 lines down on the side with the owner details on it.
Regards, Graham & Judith
1981 Aussie Moke
1989 Portuguese Moke
1979 Clubman Estate
rien_naalden
MMC Member

Also Greek Engine number

Post by rien_naalden »

Hello guys,

my Moke was also Greek: the motor number was right on the papers:
see photo on the gallery:

https://www.gallery.mokeclub.org/displa ... play_media

Kind regards, succes, Rien.
serieslandy65

Post by serieslandy65 »

Hi thanks for the replies but after scanning mine I cannot find 'AP.KINHTHPA' any where on the document, mine is a Cypriot document and that number (0000 102271) is the only one on the document. I will compare it to see if the number under the same title corresponds to the engine number on another car. I still cant see how this is the engine number since no one else’s is like that. Thanks again

Rory
grantourer
MMC Member

Post by grantourer »

Hi Rory. Might be worth contacting The Moke club Membership Secretary, to see if he can put you in touch with any members in Greece, who may be able to help you.
Regards, Graham & Judith
1981 Aussie Moke
1989 Portuguese Moke
1979 Clubman Estate
serieslandy65

Post by serieslandy65 »

Hi I will do if I get no further, thanks

Rory
Dean
MMC Member

Post by Dean »

Is the registration document from 1986 when the car was first registered or is it more recent?
The engine could of been replaced at some point with a reconditioned unit. They often have a non-factory number on them.
Dean
serieslandy65

Post by serieslandy65 »

Dean wrote: Sun Jul 16, 2017 11:29 Is the registration document from 1986 when the car was first registered or is it more recent?
The engine could of been replaced at some point with a reconditioned unit. They often have a non-factory number on them.
Dean
Hi Dean

Sorry I did not see your post earlier and on the document it says that the build date is 1986 and first registration was 1986. As for the engine replacement it has had a reconditioned unit from mini sport at some point so there is no engine number on there so we wanted to put one on it so we turned to the document to see and that didn't look right either.

Thank you

Rory

Return to “Engine/Transmission/Clutch”