MMC Member

Re: Heaters

Post by Nigel(no top)Sykes »

That's easy for you to say, with just the weekend ahead
Come on summer
Tim

Post by Tim »

I was thinking of getting rid of the tap, but I can't seem to find anyone that supplies the outlet with the elbow fitting anymore. I could probably get a UK straight one though.

Tim
Any sarcastic, ignorant, libellous, unfounded or stupid opinions expressed in or through this message are the opinions of the author and do not reflect the opinions or views of any member of The Mini Moke Club or the opinions or views of any other individual.
grantourer
MMC Member

Post by grantourer »

Hi Tim. You could try one of these, I have one on my Aussie Moke.

http://www.dsnclassics.co.uk/retrosport ... -5-8-hose/

http://www.dsnclassics.co.uk/retrosport ... -1-2-hose/

They are available in both hose sizes.
Regards, Graham & Judith
1981 Aussie Moke
1989 Portuguese Moke
1979 Clubman Estate
spider
MMC Member

Post by spider »

Hey Grandman, they look really nice, certainly do the job! Nice find.
Nigel(no top)Sykes wrote:That's easy for you to say, with just the weekend ahead
Weekend? Not for me, I'll be working this weekend, but then having a few months off.
Old Mokers never die, they just smell that way.
Wally2
MMC Member

Post by Wally2 »

Hi, You could fit one of the old brass taps like I did, that way you can still turn the flow off.
http://www.min-e-bitz.com//index.php?ma ... cts_id=340

Cheers
Chris
Chris
WEEMOKE
JUX180D
Tim

Post by Tim »

Grantourer, they look really good. I've been looking for an excuse to buy some of their stuff.

Chris, I've thought about one of those taps, my Mini has one. Its a bit leaky but I think they can be lapped in and tightened up. Realistically I don't need a tap, the heater stays on all year round.

Tim
Any sarcastic, ignorant, libellous, unfounded or stupid opinions expressed in or through this message are the opinions of the author and do not reflect the opinions or views of any member of The Mini Moke Club or the opinions or views of any other individual.
Wally2
MMC Member

Post by Wally2 »

Hi Tim,
Your right, now that my heater (from an old mini van) has been on a year the heater has been on all the time as it also aids engine cooling - even more so if I put the fan on! I think the taps leak when they've not been operated, I usually shut it and open it just to keep it working ok. if it starts to give me problems i.e. leaking I'II take it off and put one of those nice looking elbows on!

Cheers
Chris
Chris
WEEMOKE
JUX180D
Tim

Post by Tim »

Check this one out.
http://m.ebay.com.au/itm/321407610089
I was thinking about making my own but have decided to just buy one already made.

Tim
Nigel(no top)Sykes
MMC Member

Post by Nigel(no top)Sykes »

Your engine will look like a plumbing convention :lol:
Come on summer
spider
MMC Member

Post by spider »

Tim wrote: I was thinking about making my own ,,,,,,,,,

Tim
Well, if you were to change your mind, they are not at all hard to make, even I can do it! So, why not improve a bit on it and tidy up the engine bay a tad at the same time. I think the Morris 1100 has a similar looking one to this;-

Doug G
MMC Member

Post by Doug G »

Tim wrote:Its starting to cool down again on this side of the planet and I had a frosty run in to work this morning. It idly occurred to me that I wouldn't mind being a bit warmer in the Moke. . . . Any suggestions?

Tim
What about investigating and investing in some heated seats?

They start at 11.79 on eBay

http://www.ebay.co.uk/bhp/heated-car-seat-cover

I hope I have not started a stampede of all of you in the frosty climes. :lol:
Having a moking good time!
Tim

Post by Tim »

That looks good spider. I had something similar in my first mini, but not all one piece like that. If I had a pipe bender I could knock one up.

The works Cooper s had the same sort of arrangement but running across the front of the engine.

I've just about persuaded myself that I really need one of the retrosport ones, but as I also have a problem with the engine steady on the thermostat side, I think I really need to get one of them as well.

Bit pricey though.

I'm not sure about the heated seats Doug, they sound a bit gimmicky. I wonder how they cope with rain?

Tim
grantourer
MMC Member

Post by grantourer »

Flyboy has heated seats in his Aussie Moke, and the work very well, and cope with the rain.
Regards, Graham & Judith
1981 Aussie Moke
1989 Portuguese Moke
1979 Clubman Estate
spider
MMC Member

Post by spider »

I haven't tried seat heaters (yet) but I have only heard good things about them, might be worth looking in to.

Tim, how would you fit up the top radiator steady to that Thermostat housing? Nice I have to say, been eyeing them off for a while now.
Tim

Post by Tim »

Hi Spider, I guess the radiator bracket bolts on to the two holes in the thermostat housing, but must admit I haven't thought about that very much.

Currently I have an "Ultimate engine steady" it has a massive black steel contraption that covers over most of the thermostat housing and uses one of the manifold studs as well, with a chunky threaded rod going back to another bracket on the firewall. It seems to work OK, but it looks really bad, the top radiator bracket doesn't work all that well with it either.

Tim

Return to “Cooling/Fuel/Exhaust”