Pancake airfilter

serieslandy65

Pancake airfilter

Post by serieslandy65 »

Hi,

I have a 1986 Portuguese moke that has a k&n airfilter on it that has been smashed up on the bottom to make fit, and it is also a real pain to put on and get off without damaging the paint if I have to take the carburettor off. I believe they originally came with a pancake airfilter which I would like to fit once again. My question is are they the same as used on normal minis and Australian mokes? and is there a place to buy on in Australia? I could find one for sale...

Thank you

Rory
Nigel(no top)Sykes
MMC Member

Re: Pancake airfilter

Post by Nigel(no top)Sykes »

I googled “mini shop Australia” and top of the list was mini sport oz, I then typed in air filter into their search box and it turned up a page full of options for you to choose from.
Hope this long winded explanation helps
Come on summer
serieslandy65

Post by serieslandy65 »

Nigel(no top)Sykes wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 17:19 I googled “mini shop Australia” and top of the list was mini sport oz, I then typed in air filter into their search box and it turned up a page full of options for you to choose from.
Hope this long winded explanation helps
Hi thanks for that, what I probably should have made clearer in my post (my bad sorry) was the actual plastic air filter box that the filter goes in. Is that only available second hand? If so I haven't seen any in Australia.

Thanks
Dean
MMC Member

Post by Dean »

Here you go for a secondhand one.
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/classic-mini ... SwU91aaGs4

M-parts also state they have them in stock but no price quoted.
Dean
Tim

Post by Tim »

You have a Portuguese Moke in Australia?

The plastic airbox, or the earlier metal one, should be available from the usual suspects. I'm pretty certain its the same as the ones that late model Australian minis used.

Tim
Any sarcastic, ignorant, libellous, unfounded or stupid opinions expressed in or through this message are the opinions of the author and do not reflect the opinions or views of any member of The Mini Moke Club or the opinions or views of any other individual.
serieslandy65

Post by serieslandy65 »

Hi thanks,

I will check this out thanks. Yeah a Portuguese moke in Australia, we brought it over with us when we moved, probably fairly unique over here? Cheers

Rory
Tim

Post by Tim »

There is a black Portuguese moke in Tasmania, assuming yours is a different one, it would be the only other one that I know of.

Tim
Any sarcastic, ignorant, libellous, unfounded or stupid opinions expressed in or through this message are the opinions of the author and do not reflect the opinions or views of any member of The Mini Moke Club or the opinions or views of any other individual.
serieslandy65

Post by serieslandy65 »

Tim wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 1:21 There is a black Portuguese moke in Tasmania, assuming yours is a different one, it would be the only other one that I know of.

Tim
Yeah I'm not that one, mines yellow and in Queensland, only just arrived here though.

Rory
Tim

Post by Tim »

Cool. We need more Mokes.

Tim

Return to “Cooling/Fuel/Exhaust”