What fun

Nigel(no top)Sykes
MMC Member

What fun

Post by Nigel(no top)Sykes »

Before putting the tank back in I thought I’d try and clean it out a little, it had been stood for 30 years or so with petrol n it after all.
What was left of the fuel was a brown gunge at the bottom of the tank and the fuel pick up pipe was, and still is despite my efforts, totally blocked. Easy enough I thought. Just remove the original, replace with some new pipe and job done. In order to improve access I took out the fuel send,er and was greeted by this !!
Guess I’ll be doing some electrical rebuilding too :roll:
8E323F38-0664-4946-9D02-BB665DF26364.jpeg
And yes, it is stuck solid.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Come on summer
grantourer
MMC Member

Re: What fun

Post by grantourer »

Hi Nige. The tank on Judith's Moke was covered in the solidified Brown Gunge. Tried cleaning it out, after a week, gave up and bought a new one. Also a good, but awkward upgrade is to replace the Rubber pipe with 1/4 inch copper or cupro/nickel pipe. Does not degrade with the new fuels containing Ethanol.
Regards, Graham & Judith
1981 Aussie Moke
1989 Portuguese Moke
1979 Clubman Estate
Nigel(no top)Sykes
MMC Member

Re: What fun

Post by Nigel(no top)Sykes »

That’s an option I suppose but the sender has cleaned up nicely and is working fine and if the replacement pick up pipe idea works it’ll be a sight cheaper than £420 or so for a tank
Come on summer

Return to “Cooling/Fuel/Exhaust”