Problem when hot

Tony Freeman

Problem when hot

Post by Tony Freeman »

Hi, I have an on going problem with my Cagiva 998cc when hot, runs fine at steady speed when you hit traffic or stop then start again it jerks and jumps until you manage to get up to speed then runs fine. I have altered air filter intake to cooler position, lagged fuel lines with heat proof lagging. Six years ago it was fitted with a new electronic ignition and distributor. The petrol cap is a newish one and it is vented.. Stumped!!! Any ideas welcome. Tony
chris naish

Re: Problem when hot

Post by chris naish »

Hi Tony!
Sounds to me like a 'load' issue, when trying for power something is breaking down.
I'd try the spade connections on the coil for starters, then if not, bring it to Wiston in a couple of weeks!
Cheers
C.
Chris Naish.
grantourer
MMC Member

Post by grantourer »

Hi Tony. Your fault sounds similar to one we had on the way to the Irish IMMM. Coil broke down, and eventually fried the electronic ignition.
Regards, Graham & Judith
1981 Aussie Moke
1989 Portuguese Moke
1979 Clubman Estate
Tony Freeman

Post by Tony Freeman »

Hi Chris, Thanks for reply, unfortunately we have visitors, most inconsiderate!! Have looked at various connections and the only thing I have come across is the advance and retard tube connector at the distributor end is broken and loose, not sure what effect if any that would have.
Hi Graham, Had all that in Hungary if you remember and Steve trailered it back and fitted a new electronic dis, leads plugs and coil, so I'm pretty confident about them. Watch this space!!

Return to “Cooling/Fuel/Exhaust”