Austin Decal

Recommend Moke related parts dealers/services here.
Nigel(no top)Sykes
MMC Member

Re: Austin Decal

Post by Nigel(no top)Sykes »

Looks like you'll get to use the Moke quite often (unlike some of us) Also I can see why you opted for a Moke over a Mini while I was looking at the height of those Kerbs in your town :D
Come on summer
janz
MMC Member

Post by janz »

You're quite right Nigel, for a country that designed so many convertible cars, the weather's darned awful :roll: still.... we appreciate the time we have in the sun (or relatively OK Moke weather) more than those that take it for granted :lol:
Get a life, Get a Moke...
JanZ
Nigel(no top)Sykes
MMC Member

And another thing..... Have you noticed how they all have hoods that can be erected in seconds :)
Come on summer
janz
MMC Member

Post by janz »

And without having to get out of the car :roll:
Actually, Moke not too bad. Most of the time to put the hood up is taken up trying to get out of the car gracefully and subsequently face planting in the puddle next to it :lol:
Have you ever dealt with the hood on an MGB :?: More poppers, studs, clamps straps and getting the owner's manual out to remind yourself how to fold it correctly without totally ruining the perspex windows... not forgetting having to disengage the seatbelts from the top panel :shock: then forgetting to fit them back before you fasten the hood down or you can repeat the whole exercise :x
JanZ
Nigel(no top)Sykes
MMC Member

I once sat in an MGB - couldn't hardly get out again
Come on summer
janz
MMC Member

Post by janz »

I never had any problem getting in or out of an MGB as long as it didn't have the huge original steering wheel :shock: Compared to getting in and out of the 64 Moke... it's a breeze. I had the last (supposedly) Mirage Grey Roadster (1973 - only produced in that colour for 3 months or so) in the UK. Imagine shiny grey primer with a hint of mauve.
Sold it to a French coleague last year after having caught Moke fever for good :lol:
This is a picture of it, still on the MGExperience forum.
JanZ
biggiezeke

Post by biggiezeke »

I actually inherited the Moke from my father who won it in a contest in 1966. He guessed the amount of cola sold in Los Angeles over one weekend. He won a Mini Moke "beach buggy", two surfboards, and some swim trunks. The wierd thing was that two of his co-workers at the Jet Propulsion Laboratory won the same contest, so the three of them would drive the Mokes in to work......in the nice Southern California weather, of course 8)

http://freddyrubble.phanfare.com/546198 ... =150248919
janz
MMC Member

Post by janz »

How cool is that????!!!! 8) Would be great if you have more vintage pictures. In 1966, these must have been made specially for the event, or repainted and clothed afterwards.
JanZ
Doug G
MMC Member

Post by Doug G »

Any more pictures available?
Having a moking good time!

Return to “Parts and Services”