Hilo's

Shaun78

Hilo's

Post by Shaun78 »

Hi,just wondering what peoples experience of hilo's are,more on the rear,I have spoken to a few people with mixed views,some say use the trumpets on the rear as the rods bend on the aussie mokes under stress so could cause damage.
Nigel(no top)Sykes
MMC Member

Re: Hilo's

Post by Nigel(no top)Sykes »

I’ve always had them on all of mine. The ones on my Aussie haven’t given a moment’s trouble and it’s been in some rough spots
Come on summer
Willie_B

Post by Willie_B »

I only know of one bent rod. The guy was running really low in an estate. Went over a rise and almost fully unloaded the susp. and the end at the knuckle joint came just about out, then he bottomed the susp. and ALLOY rod bent. He replaced both rods with ones made of steel and no more problems. Plus I think he had the end that goes into the knuckle made a bit longer so as not to pull out on full drop.
Live Laugh Moke
Tim

Post by Tim »

I have Minisport Adjusta rides in mine. Never any issues.

Tim
Any sarcastic, ignorant, libellous, unfounded or stupid opinions expressed in or through this message are the opinions of the author and do not reflect the opinions or views of any member of The Mini Moke Club or the opinions or views of any other individual.
Shaun78

Post by Shaun78 »

Thanks for the feedback,I think I will try a set when the time comes to put it back on its wheels.

Return to “Steering/Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Tyres”