History on Monaco Royal Pre-Production Moke?

Discussions relating to pre-production prototype Mokes.
Ben M

Re: History on Monaco Royal Pre-Production Moke?

Post by Ben M »

Hi!

I also noticed this "Moke" for sale and asked the seller some questions by email, especially if he could prove that it came from Grace (pics or documents). No reply yet.

I went to see the Moke (as I nearly came past it on my way to a friend) and it's in a fair condition, so some paintchips here and there. I would rather spend 15000 GBP on a Moke that can be verified by the Heritage trust. This one has a pretty doubtful history and, besides that, is too expensive.

Ben
janz
MMC Member

Post by janz »

Thing to look for would have been body number (inner wing passenger side) and commission number. Could be possible that vin numbers were swictched during 2 car restoration - but outside looks like repaint, filled side panel (no recesses back or front), but under bonnet left in a bit of a mess. Not sufficient to remove ID plates for good repaint and detailing. Rear panel has been filled as reflectors in wrong place, bumper looks like front bumper and fitted in wrong place onto make shift panel under rear panel. There's something Wood n Picket going on in the rear wheel arches too - this usually matches up with a cubby box in the rear (was one for sale a couple of years ago in white).

Looks like Mk1 average restoration with swapped ID. Value?....... I would say £5-6K - could be a good fun run around if bought for even less :D

If there is an AB or AMB bodynumber there... price could be something different altogether, but not 19K
Get a life, Get a Moke...
JanZ
Daniel
MMC Member

Post by Daniel »

It´s advertised again:
http://www.marktplaats.nl/a/auto-s/oldt ... b9c5b7a618
And it is still claimed it´s a prototype.

Daniel
The Moke model car overview: http://www.mokemodels.com

Return to “Prototypes”