hoods

okeymokey

hoods

Post by okeymokey »

has anyone used the minisport moke hood yet? wondeed if it would fit the portugeuse moke without to many mods.
cheers 8)
HAPPY MOKING PEOPLE
Steve

Re: hoods

Post by Steve »

#0000FF]As a fairly educated guess, i'd say a few mods required .... due to the following:

The Minisport hood is based on the Australian Moke and is 'held up/in shape' by the roof bows, so I think it is lower than the Portuguese which is held up by the hood supports/roll bar thing. At the windscreen fastening points, are yours the press stud things or the clamp arrangment?

The simple way is to get the hood and bows and take off the Portuguese hood supports/roll bar thing.

I have gone the other way, Australian hood to Portuguese hood .... if I remember correctly, someone has fitted the Minisport hood, so worth asking what the quality is like before you go for one.
[/color]
Steve

Things go better with a Moke
Nigel(no top)Sykes
MMC Member

Post by Nigel(no top)Sykes »

teardrop's fitted one to his (late Aussie) Moke
Come on summer
Dean
MMC Member

Post by Dean »

okeymokey wrote:has anyone used the minisport moke hood yet? wondeed if it would fit the portugeuse moke without to many mods.
cheers 8)
What age is your Portuguese Moke? The hood arrangement on these changed mid-production.
Dean
okeymokey

Post by okeymokey »

Hi folks the Moke is an 87 i think has the fourbelt mounting rollcage. I think with my other ones it wouldn't be so bad and the easy way out is a new hood and frame from minisport, this is by the way far cheaper than getting the correct hood from the usual sources, just priced it up! The car isn't painted yet so i could put some frame fittings on to the shell. Is the club any further on with obtaining english moke hoods by the way as even these as small as they are, are expensive.

cheers for now les
HAPPY MOKING PEOPLE
Nigel(no top)Sykes
MMC Member

I thinkthe hood teardrop fitted left a little to be disired
Come on summer
okeymokey

Post by okeymokey »

Hi Nigel i presume teardrop's Moke is an Aussie one mate, i presume the the workmanship quality it a little lacking then, Could be a fine weather car only then!
cheers les
:lol:
HAPPY MOKING PEOPLE
Nigel(no top)Sykes
MMC Member

Just 'cos its raining it doesn't mean you can't drive it ..... just go faster most of the wet goes over the top then :D

(and down your back) :lol:
Come on summer
Doug G
MMC Member

Post by Doug G »

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Having a moking good time!

Return to “Hood/Seats”