The Golden Phone

Freewheeling banter.....anything goes as long as it's clean and nothing to do with Mokes.
Nigel Jones

The Golden Phone

Post by Nigel Jones »

A journalist decided to write a book about churches around
the world, so he took a trip to Rome . On the first day he was inside the Vatican taking photographs when he noticed a golden telephone mounted on the wall with a sign that read '$10,000 per call'.

Intrigued by this, he asked a passing priest what the telephone was for. The priest replied that it was a line to Heaven and for $10,000 you could talk directly with God. Amazed, he thanked the priest and went on his way.

Next stop was Moscow . There, in a beautiful cathedral, he saw a similar
golden telephone, again with a sign under it. He wondered if this was the
same kind of telephone he saw in Rome and asked a passing nun what it was for.
She told him that it was a line to Heaven and for $10,000 he could talk directly with God. 'Wow, thank you,' he said then left.

He travelled to France , Israel , Germany and Brazil . In every Church he
saw the same kind of golden telephone with the same '$10,000 per call' sign under it.

Finally he decided to travel to the UK to see if the British had a similar phone.

In Yorkshire, in York Minster, there was the same kind of
golden telephone, but this time the sign under it read '20p per call'.

Surprised, he stopped a passing Bishop. 'Excuse me, but I've travelled all over world and I've seen this same golden telephone in many churches. I'm told that it is a direct line to Heaven and God, but everywhere the price is $10,000 per call. Why is it so cheap here?'

The priest smiled wryly and answered, 'You're in Yorkshire now lad and here it's
only a local call..............'
After 28 years, not Mokeless any more!
Nigel(no top)Sykes
MMC Member

Re: The Golden Phone

Post by Nigel(no top)Sykes »

I don't understand !!
Why is that a joke ?
when everybody knows it's true
Come on summer

Return to “Side Scream”