English moke for £1.500

The place for eBay Moke alerts/comments/moans and laughs
swemoke
MMC Member

Re: English moke for £1.500

Post by swemoke »

Chris,
The same feeling I had when I was driving in to my first roundabout, I really have to think and push myself to turn left as its feels so totally wrong :mrgreen:
But after two weeks the feels pretty normal to drive on the left side, but still bit difficult to overtake.

//Thomas
Wally2
MMC Member

Post by Wally2 »

Hi Thomas,
The other problem is that after driving around the wilds of Sweden for three weeks its quite a shock to get off the boat in the UK, hit the roads driving on the left and then meeting the fast heavy traffic on the motorway as apposed to mile after mile (sorry Kilometer after kilometer!) of roads with no traffic and in most cases no other cars at all! - Great!. Hope to be coming over again this year.
Chris
Chris
WEEMOKE
JUX180D
Nigel(no top)Sykes
MMC Member

Post by Nigel(no top)Sykes »

It's certain that if you go over to the continent for a driving holiday, at some point you'll be driving along and some crazy local will come the opposite way on your side of the road. ( until you realise you're in France and you're on the wrong side)
Come on summer
Robin Jones

Post by Robin Jones »

For the Mini 50 in Longbridge, I visited the country thinking I had this thing nailed.... During Moking weather over here, I drive a RHD car almost every day.
Only problem is when I started driving I tried to make your world look like my world.... :shock:
I was okay at roundabouts and intersections as long as there were other cars around..... I either played "follow the leader" or would look out in traffic and say to myself, "Whatever you do, don't pull into the lane where there's oncoming traffic!"
Where I had a problem was out in the middle of no-where....
Well, that, and some idiot from the continent driving a motorhome forcing me into the hedgerow next to the road. Couldn't believe how hard I hit that thing and no damage that some rubbing compound couldn't take care of.....
This is Matt Jones Son of Robin.

Return to “eBay”