I want my '68 Moke back on the road

YOUR own topic about YOUR own Moke.
Tim C

I want my '68 Moke back on the road

Post by Tim C »

Hi All

I have a 1968 English Moke which has been garaged since 1975. I want it restored to the point that it is driveable but have a limited budget. I have been trying to get it restored for 2 years already and have had all sorts of problems achieving this having been let down by different garages, and to be quite frank I'm getting to the point where I wish I had never laid eyes on the poor little beastie. Please see '1968 Moke Resto' thread posted by zetecmk2 for more images and resto progress so far.

I live in North Cheshire but the Moke is currently in bits in boxes and a bare shell (having spent half my budget) in a garage in Crawley, Sussex.

Can anyone please help with giving me a lead as to who may be able to put poor Moke back together again, preferably in the South or North West?

Thanks

Tim
grantourer
MMC Member

Re: I want my '68 Moke back on the road

Post by grantourer »

Sorry to hear of your woes. Peter Hine at Somerford Mini sorted mine out. The are near Marlborough in Wiltshire. Did a good job on it as well.
Regards, Graham & Judith
1981 Aussie Moke
1989 Portuguese Moke
1979 Clubman Estate
Tim C

Post by Tim C »

Thanks for the sympathy and suggestion. I'm a bit uncomfortable about having the Moke in a garage such a long way away from me as I'd rather be able to view it's progress periodically. I'll keep your boys in mind though in case nothing closer comes up.

Cheers
grantourer
MMC Member

Post by grantourer »

No problem, but I live a good 90 miles from them, and they have done 4 Minis for me, so far.
Regards, Graham & Judith
1981 Aussie Moke
1989 Portuguese Moke
1979 Clubman Estate

Return to “Project "M"”