Kicking Donkey "Ferrari" Sticker?

Questions (and answers) about Mokes that are not covered elsewhere.
tennistom

Kicking Donkey "Ferrari" Sticker?

Post by tennistom »

While researching my Moke I saw a cool sticker someone used for their avatar and had on their Moke, of a kicking donkey on a Ferrari like sticker. Anyone know if these are available for purchase? Since my Moke is painted Ferrari red it would be quite appropriate. I drive by a Ferrari dealer on my commute and my Moke is a Californian, I'll tell 'em it's a Ferrari recovery vehicle. Maybe I'll pop in there and check out a Ferrari Californian, at least they have the engine in front where they belong. Wasn't it Enzo Ferrari, who on seeing a Moke for the first time, broke down in tears and said it was the most beautiful car he'd ever seen--or was that the Jag XKE he was referring to?

Also, mine doesn't have the Californian stickers on the hood, or is that what you'll call the soft-top?--you know the metal thing that covers the engine between the fenders. Should I get some for it?

Have a good weekend,
tt
Dean
MMC Member

Re: Kicking Donkey "Ferrari" Sticker?

Post by Dean »

shorty 68

Post by shorty 68 »

I don't see why you could not make your own. That's moke to be's avatar on the moke worx's site.
spider
MMC Member

Post by spider »

Isn't this forum an Ass Free zone?
Old Mokers never die, they just smell that way.
Wally2
MMC Member

Post by Wally2 »

Hope you manage to get a sticker made, will look pretty cool on a red Moke, especially as it goes slowly past a Ferrari dealer!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Chris

Please send pics if you manage it!
Chris
WEEMOKE
JUX180D
Dean
MMC Member

Post by Dean »

I spoke to Paul (the owner of that avatar) and said he just made it up himself on the pc. He hasn't made any physical copies.
Dean
tennistom

Post by tennistom »

Thanks for the replies guys, I've got a good print shop near me, and the owner's a car guy, He just got a Dodge Challenger in "sublime" green. I'll see if he can create a sticker for me. Paul's avatar is pretty cool and creative since a Moke is archaic slang for a donkey! I've been thinking about getting one while researching the Moke sites before getting mine. This should start a lot of conversations at the gas station.

Speaking of gas, what should I put in mine, it's got a "1300cc" engine and one SU-- premium or regular?

Cheers,
tt
Nigel(no top)Sykes
MMC Member

Post by Nigel(no top)Sykes »

I don't know what premium and regular equate to in English but I mostly put the best in mine working on the theory that it doesn't do many miles so the extra cost is minimal really. The real question should be, does it have a head with valve seat inserts or not? If not you need to be adding some lead substitute each time you fill up
Come on summer
Willie_B

Post by Willie_B »

Saw this a few months back and liked it. Got some hats made for mokin'.

Now I need to get some stickers made.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Live Laugh Moke

Return to “Moke Talk”